Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Ive got this R6 and Im sick of its paint ... and other aspects. Well kinda, just want something new.

So here is my ride now...

and here is a test I whiped up in photoshop.

Its nothing special, but Its kind of how Im leaning... on the whole split side of things. I like the color chop look.

Ive got an intense photoshop file going... which I might post once I polish my rims (in the file) like I did with the swing arm and forks.

enjoy~

·
Registered
96 Posts
How the hell do you guys do that! I try and try to get a color change on my bike in photoshop but it never comes out. I guess I just need to take a course or something, it's the only program I could never learn on my own. I've been wanted to just mess around with colors on my car and bike to just get ideas but no luck. Is there any ways you could explain how you do it, maybe a step by step?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I go into mask mode and paint masks on the colored parts, or I use the pen tool to make vector selections (acurate smooth curves) and then just delete everything that I dont want to effect its color. Now that I just have farings or swing arm or wahtever I go and adjust the hue/saturation and/or levels. Basicly anything that will change its color and appearence.

Things to know to do the color swap:

layers
Mask mode
Pen tool
desaturating
colorizing
adjusting the hue/saturation
adjusting levels

·
Registered
359 Posts
I don't know if I just can't see them, but where are your front turn signals. If you have some sort of plugs in them let me know because the holes are invisible. Or did you photoshop them out.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Not bad on the photoshop, but i'm not too big on the purple. I think black and orange would look sick...maybe even a silver and dark plum(almost looking black) or a dark navy blue.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Jay said:
I don't know if I just can't see them, but where are your front turn signals. If you have some sort of plugs in them let me know because the holes are invisible. Or did you photoshop them out.
I just cloned them off before I saved the stock photo.

And I agree I dont like purple. I just whipped up something loud and not so typical... ie, yellow/black... seeing as how my roomate has the new yellow and black gixxer. I would expect him to tease me and tell me I was sweatin his ride. heh.

Ill make some more skins when I have the free time.

ez~!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts