Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone. Just wanted to do a quick roll call to see how many of you are in the Panama City area. I'm currently living in NY but will be moving to PC next month. What can I expect as far as the riding season goes? Are there any popular routes? I will miss the mountains and the twisties in NY but I won't miss the 6 months during which I can't ride. Thanks in advance.

Jake

·
Registered
108 Posts
you suck i've been trying to get down there the whole time i've been in the AF, I'm from AL, and would love to get back near home

·
Crashing Sucks!
118 Posts
PC

I grew up there but still go several times a year. The weather is fairly mild all year. Its good riding proabably March-mid October. I live in Charleston now and we ride all year here as well but I still don't like it when it hits below 60. There are some guys that meet up at a McDonalds in Lynn Haven every sunday around 7am and some of them guys will roll pretty fast on the country roads around there. I wil ride with them occasionally when I go to PC.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are the current temperatures in PC exceptionally warm right now? The highs are in the mid to upper 70's. Is this what I have to look forward too or just a freak event?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Yea the weather is mid 70's right now. (weather.com u can compare any areas.)

I've been down here in P.C. since July, ready to leave this place the traffic sucks. Not too many options for back roads from what I've seen so far. I have a few friends I ride with from Tyndall AFB so I can intro U to them when u get here if u like. I should be outta here in 2 months thank God! Fun while it lasted though.

There is a drag strip (just 1/8 mi) that is opening up this Sunday approx. 45 miles from here incase you're interested. I may go check it out this weekend and possibly run in it.

Well good luck to ya hope u enjoy spring break!

·
Registered
1 Posts
i can't wait to get back, get a bike and start riding. i'm in the air force too, stationed at Eglin. i love the weather there and think its good for riding, with the exception of traffic. i'm in Iraq right now :cuss , but will be back soon. got my money saved up and ready to get a bike.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well i have lived here basicaly all of my life so i dont know about any other places but the weather is nice and during spring break and summer months there are ladies everywhere. But i am itching to get out as soon as possible.

·
Registered
211 Posts
What's up Suekie! Good to see u made it back from the ride. Guess that road is outta the question for a while now uh. Oh, do a search on the forum about break in and u'll see what I was talkin bout earlier.
:cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts