Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
I eat my R6's Clutch
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally got my new R6s about a week and a half ago. I'm planning on driving it to work to save on gas, but I got a problem. I work at a Resort in Vermont and they're strict with parking and wont let employees park in the parking lot, they have to park out back on the grass. I was wondering what the best thing to do to make sure the bike is stable?

·
fast like nascar
171 Posts
by the way have fun. my grandparents used to have a house in vermont. wed go there to dirt bike. they sold it, I wish they still had it the roads there are awesome!

·
I eat my R6's Clutch
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking of getting one of those slate flat stones to use.
Yeah the roads here are fun, I commute from across lake champlain bridge, so theres some good riding over here as well, to lake placid and lake george.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have a square chunk of hardened plastic 5"X5" about 1" thick. My brother cut it for me works perfect and you can store it under the rear seat.

·
Registered
47 Posts
or find an old bench grinder and take the plastic shields of, small enough to put under the seat but yet enough support for the bike.

·
I ride bitches year round
1,834 Posts
They won't let u park in the parking lot? Id put a beer can under neath it...

·
Registered
710 Posts
If it's on grass, you might want to have something that will actually dig into the ground, put a couple teeth on the bottom or something. Depending on what time you start work, the dew could get you.

·
Who eats a motorcycle?
3,096 Posts
I have a circle peice of plastic, about 3" in diamater. Has a Yamaha symbol in the middle, dose the job. Local dealer gave it to my gf to give to me last time she went in

·
My R6 eats yours!!!
369 Posts
you can smash a coke can on its side to put under the kickstand. As long as the ground is not soft like after a rain it will work. We do it all the time at the drag strip when we are parked in the grass instead of the staging area and pits.

·
Dan the man
292 Posts
you got any room in the lobby?

·
Dan the man
292 Posts
nah its alright....I agree ud definately increase business, but ud have punks tryin to sit on it all day

1 - 20 of 27 Posts