Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking to get some lightech axle chain adjusters and I wanted to get the ones for the 2017 r6. I have a 2011 raven and my axle blocks are toast (bike has 50k miles just threw in a new motor). I wanted to know if they would fit on my bike given yamaha never changed the frame or swing arm geometry to my knowledge. For some reason Rev Ulla says the part won't fit on my bike and directs to to purchase the old ones lightech made. Just generally curious on the topic and the ones made for the 17+ look to be of better quality which is why I want them (also I like the look of the r1 style axle chain adjusters better) I will provide links to both products.

2011 lightech axle chain adjusters:

2017+ lightech axle chain adjusters:

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,253 Posts
Pretty sure the axles for the 17+ bikes are larger diameter, so the blocks would not work

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
1,318 Posts
What is your axle tube od? I need to adjust my chain and can pull the axle. The flange side is completely blocking the reference dents so adjustment is spotty without grinding the axle flange down.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What is your axle tube od? I need to adjust my chain and can pull the axle. The flange side is completely blocking the reference dents so adjustment is spotty without grinding the axle flange down.
I been mad busy but I’ll check my axle tube od when I get home today I’ll lyk, I’m looking into doing a 17+ swing arm swap now because I don’t think they will fit anything I should look out for doing this?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts