Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
one goal.one vision
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
stupid question but i just thought about it the other day while riding...everyone waves when you pass someone heading the OPPOSITE direction duh..thats common sense (with the exception of those dickhead harley riders that seem to be too good to wave on occasion)...but what do you do when passing someone heading the same direction??..like down the interstate or on a 4 laned highway? ..probably a stupid question but im just curious :sing

·
UnZUnDUnR
1,004 Posts
Not always, but i am guilty of occcasionally waving as i go by.

·
Registered
413 Posts
If there is an opportunity to wave to a fellow rider I will. Even if it is only a head nod. I agree 100% about the Harley riders... they can be Assholes. Sometimes I will go riding with my friend and his dad and his dad drives a Suzuki C90 (nice bike) but Harleys will ride by and not even wave to him.... I don't get it... To cool I guess

·
Shiney up Rubber down
4,936 Posts
I usually wave to everyone... Alot of the CRUISER riders (not just harleys) around here are pretty stingy with the biker wave to sportbike riders. But, I wave any how. As for the guy going the same direction (as I pass or as I am being passed) I'll throw up the "dueces" to them as well.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Same here, PEACE :D

·
Registered
1,307 Posts

·
My R6 eats with me
742 Posts
Ok, when I pass another bike this is what I do.....I sneek up on them real close like.........Then, I pinch thier bum! They Love it! ;)

Alright, I'm just kiddin'. But that is a good question. Usually when I pass a bike I don't think about it.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Ok, when I pass another bike this is what I do.....I sneek up on them real close like.........Then, I pinch thier bum! They Love it! ;)
Well you do live close to Toronto so that's probably not far from the truth. Me I throw up the :toocool: and if I catch them at a light I'll tip up my visor for a friendly hello.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
If I'm traveling in the same direction, I'll pull up on his right side while we're cruising, reach over with my left hand, and hit his engine shutoff switch. Then drop it into 2nd and haul ass before he catches me! Bahahah!

Actually did that once to a buddy of mine while we were cruising. He fumbled with the bike for a few seconds before he finally got it started. It's been a couple years though since I've actually done it while on the go.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I wave when possible, but if I don't it's nothing personal--I may be fixating on that granny in her Buick or that clueless bimbo on the cell phone in the SUV about to pull out, and just cannot be distracted by waving.

As far as Harley riders, for years I've noticed they almost never wave when traveling in groups. But when they're alone I'll almost always get a wave. This is nothing new. Back in the mid-1970s when I was 16 and a new and naive rider, I waved to everyone. I mean I thought that's what we were supposed to do. So, like, these dudes on the Harleys don't wave back? What's up with that? You guys don't associate with youngsters on '75 Honda CB360Ts or something?

I often wave to cops on bikes too. Often they wave or nod back; sometimes they have this perplexed look--why is HE waving to ME? But many motor officers ride off-duty, so I've also had chats with them about bikes, at coffee houses when they're on their breaks.

·
Mezz
3,778 Posts
I don't do anything while passing...I figure you understand the fact that I saw you and know that I said "Hello" just by being on the road with you.

If we're going in opposite directions I'll wave to everyone except mopeds/scooters. I've given the biker wave from my car...and had people give me one from cars.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I only wave and honk at the ones broke down on the side of the road.:moon

J/K I wave to everyone (Cruisers don't always wave back...nor do some sportbikes when in groups which I think is rude). I do "the nod" when I pass same direction riders.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts