Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Which brand would you pick of you had a choice (not necessarily what you have)

• ASV Levers

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • CRG Levers

Votes: 11 17.5%
  • Pazzo Levers

Votes: 40 63.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Vrooom on a Yamaha
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for some new racing levers. Wondering if you had a choice what brand of levers you would pick and why. Also I have a hook up so money is not a factor. I am going to get Black with Gold adjusters. Also would you recommend shorties or full length, or short brake full clutch and why? Thanks.

:toocool:

CRG

ASV

Pazzo

·
Vrooom on a Yamaha
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ceo012384 said:
Get pazzos. Just as good as CRGs, but cheaper.
What if I could get a pair of CRG's or ASV's for $120? Then what would you say?

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
cdickgo said:
What if I could get a pair of CRG's or ASV's for $120? Then what would you say?
I don't know much about the ASV's. As far as CRGs or Pazzos, it's a wash. They're the same.

·
Fancy crotch smell
368 Posts
Yea, i've got the pazzos and love them. I definetly recommend the shorty levers, they just feel better when riding. The only thing about the pazzos is that the adjuster is not the smoothest moving thing, but i guess thats because they lock from setting to setting. CRG may be the same action, but ive never used CRG. The ASVs are really nice. Easy smooth adjustment on them. I would flip a coin for ASV or Pazzo.

·
Vrooom on a Yamaha
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
kerrykerrykerry said:
Yea, i've got the pazzos and love them. I definetly recommend the shorty levers, they just feel better when riding. The only thing about the pazzos is that the adjuster is not the smoothest moving thing, but i guess thats because they lock from setting to setting. CRG may be the same action, but ive never used CRG. The ASVs are really nice. Easy smooth adjustment on them. I would flip a coin for ASV or Pazzo.
I noticed the adjuster on the ASV is like a wheel whereas the shifter on the Pazzo and CRG's are like a lever. How ofted do you actually switch settings? Street vs Track? or Set it and forget it.

·
New Yorker
2,736 Posts
for street get pazzo shorty, for track keep OEM levers cos they are easy and cheap repairs just incase you go down. $40 is much cheaper than $150. so it depends on your riding style.

·
Vrooom on a Yamaha
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am a street rider / commuter. No tracks around. I think the nearest one to Memphis is in Atlanta, GA. What about the shorty clutch. I tend to use 1 to 2 fingers on my front brake (no prob there), but when I am at a stop I use all 4 to hold in the clutch. 3 to pull it in and 4 to hold it.

·
Registered
708 Posts
i have the pazzos and absolutely love them. essentially all the levers are the same. just branded differently. and the differences are very minimal. almost like buying a certain name brand item over a competing name brand (i.e. toothpaste, shoes, t-shirts, etc).

as far as adjusting, most people just set and leave it at that. i sometimes change it esp when i have to sit thru traffic. when i am just riding (w/o traffic) i have the levers set a little farther out and when there is traffic, i usually set the levers closer in so it is easier on the hands.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
zyre2503 said:
for street get pazzo shorty, for track keep OEM levers cos they are easy and cheap repairs just incase you go down. $40 is much cheaper than $150. so it depends on your riding style.
If you get the shorties, not only will they encourage proper form (2fingers), but also they will not hit the ground in a normal lowside.

·
New Yorker
2,736 Posts
Proper way to pull your clutch is 2 fingers index and middle. But it depends on how big your hands are, nevertheless you can still use 4 with shorties.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
zyre2503 said:
Proper way to pull your clutch is 2 fingers index and middle. But it depends on how big your hands are, nevertheless you can still use 4 with shorties.
Depends what you're doing.

Upshifts, you shouldn't be using the clutch anyways.

Downshifts, I use index and middle, pull the lever until it hits my ring finger. This is far enough in to disengage the clutch, so I don't waste the extra travel all the way to the bar.

·
Man I OWNED that wheelie!
324 Posts
I'm sponsored by ASV, so I may be a little biased.
IF you EVER break an ASV lever, that it will be replaced with a new one free of charge, for 5 years on most models. CAn't beat that with a big stick.

·
New Yorker
2,736 Posts
ceo012384 said:

Downshifts, I use index and middle, pull the lever until it hits my ring finger. This is far enough in to disengage the clutch, so I don't waste the extra travel all the way to the bar.

:werd

·
Fancy crotch smell
368 Posts
ceo012384 said:

Clutchless upshifts all the time? Are you just high-RPMing it, then let off the throttle quickly while shifting to the next gear and getting back on the throttle while doing so? Wouldnt the only benefit of that be faster accel, but more damage if done incorrectly, compared to clutched shifts? so driving through a parking lot wouldnt be a good situation for this correct?

Back on topic, yea, i just found the most comfortable setting and never changed it. :)

·
Registered
365 Posts
I'd say ASV if your getting them for 120 cause they are a hell of a lot higher then that. I have Pazzo's shorties I love them but I would of got the ASV if they where the same price.

·
Man I OWNED that wheelie!
324 Posts
Jeremy126 said:
I'd say ASV if your getting them for 120 cause they are a hell of a lot higher then that. I have Pazzo's shorties I love them but I would of got the ASV if they where the same price.

i get them for $95 :)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts