Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know of a alternative to the PCIIIUSB, i'v recently found out that it causes a cutout fault on 2003Rsixes, i'v sent it back but i'd really like a better system to control the fuel injection. If you know of any please give me the URL

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
It wasn't until just recently that I could get a good deal on the Dynojet Power Commanders. So before that, I looked into it real hard. I found some things but they didn't look very promising at all. My guess is that the connectors are real hard to get a hold of. I've been told that the manufacturers supply the connectors to Dynojet so I'm sure this makes it hard for anyone else to try and break into the business. Save your pennies and just get the PC III USB. You'll be far happier if you do. They have maps that take the guess work out of it. With the others, it's not that easy.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
any ideas anyone?

·
Registered
380 Posts
just wonder if your still going to sell your bike then? i dont want it just wondering

·
Registered
133 Posts
Out of curiousity did it stop cutting off when you removed it?? I was reading the post on the R6 message board and it didn't make sense because other bikes were haveing the problem without the PCIII USB.

I've had my PCIII USB now for over 8K on my bike and never had that problem.

Don't know, I may be just lucky? I do put the bike to it's paces on the weekend with no inherent problems at all. Really strange that's all...

RATBIKE R6

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Brav,

download this and on page like 25 of the pdf file (page 29 overall), it tells you how to access the stock ecu and adjust the amount of fuel delivered within certain rpm bands.

http://damnnet.com/download/850/

you can also read thru this thread too. a little long but if you are looking for a PC3 alternative, its a must read.

http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=62758&perpage=20&pagenumber=1

won't be near as tunable as a PC3 but its alternative.

cheers :cheers

Go Wolves!

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
I read that link to the other forum about this problem. It looks like guys without a PC are having the same problem. That leads me to think that there is a problem with perhaps the connectors by design or the fuel injection system itself. Whatever it is, Yamaha better get off of their ass and figure it out before someone gets hurt or even worse. You should start a campain to get everyone to call Yamaha direct about it. With that kind of attention drawn to it, they would have to find a fix to avoid a potential law suit for someone getting hurt. I'd ask everyone with this problem to call Yamaha customer service at: (800) 962-7926 and then come back to that forum to record the date and time that they called and what transpired during the conversation. After doing that, go to the Federal Trade Commisions website and fill out this complaint form:
https://rn.ftc.gov/pls/dod/wsolcq$.startup?Z_ORG_CODE=PU01
That should put a quick end to this "we have no idea whats the problem could be." I don't have an "ax to grind" with Yamaha. I just don't want to see anyone get hurt over this problem.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
just wonder if your still going to sell your bike then? i dont want it just wondering
Yes its still going, i'v just lost all confidence in it so its got to go
Out of curiousity did it stop cutting off when you removed it?? I was reading the post on the R6 message board and it didn't make sense because other bikes were haveing the problem without the PCIII USB.
yes the fault stopped happening as soon as i disconnected it, i even took it out with me around mid wales and when i reconnected it the problem started within four miles then twice more after that within ten miles, so i disconnected it and rode the rest of the day without a problem. its been sent back to PC now just waiting for the replacement and will try it out.

Its very hard to explain faults on the internet. one mans obvious engine fault is another mans obvious electrical fault. so its very easy to read a post which sounds like the same problem as ur getting, and think it must be the same problem.
Its obvious that theres about two or three problems being explained on the 6rmessagenet.com thread, but they are being put together as one common fault, so you have to read threw the posts and workout which apply to ur situation.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
BRAVO said:
yes the fault stopped happening as soon as i disconnected it, i even took it out with me around mid wales and when i reconnected it the problem started within four miles then twice more after that within ten miles, so i disconnected it and rode the rest of the day without a problem. its been sent back to PC now just waiting for the replacement and will try it out.
glad you got it sorted made. when you get the next one, one you hook it up, try taping the connections with electrical tape when they are nice and snug so that they don't vibrate loose possibly and cause this fault (if that is the cause). it couldn't hurt.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I'd bet you'll be just fine when you get the new PC. With electricla stuff like them, their is always going to be some bad ones in a batch. And look at how many have been made. I remember a couple of guys right away getting bad ones, they sent them back and haven't had problems since.

Unfortunately it's been a longer problem for you.

·
My 6 makes me super horny
140 Posts
Hammy_The_Can_Man
Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:02 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I read that link to the other forum about this problem. It looks like guys without a PC are having the same problem. That leads me to think that there is a problem with perhaps the connectors by design or the fuel injection system itself. Whatever it is, Yamaha better get off of their ass and figure it out before someone gets hurt or even worse. You should start a campain to get everyone to call Yamaha direct about it. With that kind of attention drawn to it, they would have to find a fix to avoid a potential law suit for someone getting hurt. I'd ask everyone with this problem to call Yamaha customer service at: (800) 962-7926 and then come back to that forum to record the date and time that they called and what transpired during the conversation. After doing that, go to the Federal Trade Commisions website and fill out this complaint form:
https://rn.ftc.gov/pls/dod/wsolcq$.startup?Z_ORG_CODE=PU01
That should put a quick end to this "we have no idea whats the problem could be." I don't have an "ax to grind" with Yamaha. I just don't want to see anyone get hurt over this problem.

Well it seems to me that this being a problem only on the '03 models, that Yamaha has already solved the -if any- problem(s). But that's just me.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Nope, Some guys have experienced similar problems with the '04 as well.

Turns out a couple people have found faulty TPS codes and Air intake sensor codes.

Never thought of going through the codes. The whole fuel injection stuff hasn't soaked in yet :hammer

Bravo, have you ran throug the diagnostic codes yet on your bike?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts