Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I am new to the forums and I have spent a few weeks researching before joining and trying new things with no luck. Here is the story....

So I bought this bike off a guy that didnt really know much about bikes. He bought it off someone and only had it for a couple of months then he needed the cash. The bike had some issues but i got a good deal ( paid $3500) this is what I know of on the bike so far:

2007 R6 20K miles

Air filter ( not sure if its stock or not)
Cat and Res delete ( not sure which y pipe)
Small straight pipe slip on ( not a name brand company)
O2 unplugged

I bought a PCIII bc it didnt have one, last night I flashed the Graves full exhaust map on it ( i read on this forum that, that map usually works out well for Y pipe bikes) still the same result. Bike will start but has a rough idle bounces betweeen 1-2k rpm and then after it gets a little warm 100 degrees or so idle will drop down to 750 rpm or so then just die. I have to keep doing this till the bike gets to around 160 degrees then she wont die but idle is still funny jumping between 1-2k rpm.

I dont plan on keeping the bike long, wanted to get the small things fixed which most of them are now and will sell it later this year. My last resort is too buy a stock header with the cat still installed and install that on the bike. bike runs great, motor sounds good, bikes steers straight and rides smooth, only thing is it wont stay on at cold start.

any info would be great! thanks in advance.

·
Check twice for riders
1 Posts
I've been searching this site for the past 3 months because I'm having the exact same problem. If you have found what the issue is please post it. Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts