Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Faster than you!
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a PCIII, BMC Race filter, T-Tuner Midpipe and I already have a GYTR slip on my 06 R6. Does anyone have a map for this setup? If not im going to take it to the shop and have it dyno tuned...well worth the 300 bucks. But if anyone has the same setup I would like to try your map first.

Thanks all :YEA

Dave

·
Registered
218 Posts
let me know what you do, I am in the same situation, about to order PC, and filter... already have t-tuner and gytr. let me know if you experiment with other maps, my friend also has same mods and I think he may get custom map, I will let you know if he does.

·
Faster than you!
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
let me know what you do, I am in the same situation, about to order PC, and filter... already have t-tuner and gytr. let me know if you experiment with other maps, my friend also has same mods and I think he may get custom map, I will let you know if he does.
Is your GYTR to loud with the midpipe? I was afraid that it will be way too loud. If I cant find a map for the setup i'm going to get it dyno tuned this weekend or next week and I will send you the map.

·
Die fast ride Yamaha
607 Posts
umm theres a dude on here that has that exact map. im not sure about his sn.

·
Registered
70 Posts
i got the same setup and i used dragnby's map...just search for it, its on here somewhere. mine runs like a raped ape after i put all that on...do the smog block off plates while your in there to.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Anybody have a link to this map? I cant seem to find it!

·
Registered
110 Posts
see if this works
Awesome, ill check it out tonight when I get home. Will this map work on the 08 or just for the 07?

·
Registered
110 Posts
And I cant get it to work, just an empty file.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Just go to the power commander website and load a map for a full exhaust with an air filter. Thats what I did and the bike runs great.

·
Faster than you!
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
PM me your email address and I can send you guys the files. I have a couple of different files for this set up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've just finished installing a PCIII, Y-pipe / mid-pipe (with stock can) and BMC filter (track only - no air-flow restrictor) on my '07. I took the bike to the dyno today and will pick it up tomorrow with a custom PC map. I'll post the dyno results and attach the custom map. BTW, I'm in New Zealand so this is a "Euro" ECU bike, so it'll be of little use on the U.S. ECU bikes. Sorry.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It's interesting. The bottom end gained nothing, but this is a race bike so it's doesn't get ridden much under 8K RPM. The top-end gained about 5 hp (not nearly as much as I hoped or expected), but the mid range (~10K RPM) gained 10 hp. It is a noticeable difference when exiting a corner. I've had it on a very tight track with no long straights so I don't know what it's done, if anything, to improve the top speed. But I'm racing it tomorrow on a track with a VERY long back straight where previously it ran out of legs about 2/3 the way down. I'm hoping it keeps on pulling the whole way. I'll download the map and let you know how I fare tomorrow.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well, I've taken the bike to a "horsepower track". Good result; not great, but good. I shaved a full second off my previous lap times. The top speed was slightly faster and it pulled a little harder, but it wasn't earth shattering. I guess I had higher expectations. Anyway, a second is significant and the midrange power improvement was useful for passing maneuvers. All-in-all, I have to conclude it was money well spent. If anyone has a "Euro" bike and wants the PCIII map, let me know and I'll figure out how to post it or make it available on a web server.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts