Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i download the maps from powercommander.com but i cant seem to open the files from the pcv program. help !!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i went on the power commander site and put down. 07 yamaha r6 .. and i was looking for a map for stock air filter with a full leo vince exhaust and 02 unplugged.. but when i download the map its a "djm" file. i would need a "pvm" file for the PCV right?

·
Registered
360 Posts
i think you're downloading the PC3 maps... as far as i knew they weren't supporting pre-09 models on the PCv yet so you have to manually transfer info from a PC3 map to your PCv software

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i was thinking about doing that manually.. but the RPM column is different from each other.. for example..

the pc3 starts like.. 1500.. 1750.. 2000
and the pc5 is .. 1500 .. 2000

so do i just skip the 1750?

·
Registered
360 Posts
i was thinking about doing that manually.. but the RPM column is different from each other.. for example..

the pc3 starts like.. 1500.. 1750.. 2000
and the pc5 is .. 1500 .. 2000

so do i just skip the 1750?
i havent done it personally so maybe someone who has can chime in here

·
Riding his own ride...
4,639 Posts
you can import pc3 maps into the pcv software via file/import pc3 map. The open map won't work though. You have to import the pc3 map.

Also if that doesn't work you can install the pc3 software on your computer and the pcv software. Open them both. Now open the pc3 map in the pc3 software. Then copy the columns and then paste them into the pcv software. Basically manually moving the map over. Now save your pcv map and upload it.

If you move the map manually if you don't have that column in the pcv then skip it. The pcv actually has extra columns though that the pc3 doesn't. IN those boxes take the average of the cell before and after it.

Try the file > import pc3 map though.

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
Like gsxcorey said, use the import PCIII map function in the PCV software. It won't let you upload it directly so you will need to highlight and copy all of the cells. Then start a new map and paste the cells into it.

·
Registered
360 Posts
maybe he wants a new baseline to tinker with?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
it doesnt sound right mike.. is it suppose to sound poppy when it idles? when its cold though..

·
Your performance needs
235 Posts
it doesnt sound right mike.. is it suppose to sound poppy when it idles? when its cold though..
Sure you got everything connected good and tight? And what wire did you connect to on the ecu?

We haven't had any issues with that map at all. What else do you have done to your bike?

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
As already mentioned you can use the PC3 maps all you have to do is use the "Import Map" in the drop down menus in the PC5 software.

The other option is to download the maps for the 09 R6 and use those.

I would double check things though, as I started running the map that Mike put on the PCV on my 07 and it ran great.

·
Registered
360 Posts

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
As already mentioned you can use the PC3 maps all you have to do is use the "Import Map" in the drop down menus in the PC5 software.

The other option is to download the maps for the 09 R6 and use those.

I would double check things though, as I started running the map that Mike put on the PCV on my 07 and it ran great.
+1. download the maps for an 09 R6 (usually the graves full system is a good start for most people)..assuming you have not cat

·
Registered
360 Posts
no block off plates :sing
could be the popping you're hearing... i'm not familiar with the 06+ as far as how they sound at idle though

·
Registered
360 Posts
but i thought it stops the popping sound when you decelerate?
like i said i dont know what the 06+ sound like at idle with or without block offs... i know my 08 r6s popped a little at idle and a lot on decel, but with them it pops very very little at idle

1 - 20 of 24 Posts