Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

Im going to purchase a new pipe for my bike as aftermarket and also trying to buy o Power Commander V to my bike

Found one online but is from 07bike and mine is 08. Does it match?
Cant really find the information online and tried to call around. Atleast the part number is diffrent but is the Commander and wiring itself?

·
Registered
482 Posts
The powercommander website says that an 07 and 08 requires different PCVs. You can PM DynojetResearch on the forum

·
...Slow...
1,383 Posts
I'm using the PCV from a 2010-2012 on my 2006 bike. Works just fine along w/ my autotune.
+1

I have a PCV on my 2006 R6.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got mailed from dynojet to confirm that all the hardware is same 2006-2014 in Powercommander setups

The Commander itself is allready installed, just need to find map for my setup.

Hotbodies Slipon, KN airfilter and some aftermarket decat

·
Registered
482 Posts
Got mailed from dynojet to confirm that all the hardware is same 2006-2014 in Powercommander setups

They have all the basic tunes right on their website. You can download them. Really easy. The best bet is to get an autotune!

·
Registered
98 Posts

Your neighbors must hate you lol. Even with a good flash, you're still going to notice some MAJOR lag between 4K-8K.

For good performance, ditch the ebay welded metal and just use the stock slip on. Besides, the stock slip on is actually designed as a straight through anyways with some proper baffling.

If you must keep your hotbodies, you'll need a custom tune to have your bike anywhere near the driveability as you had before. A premade PCV map you find online won't help much w/ that straight pipe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts