Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to put a LV SBK full system on my '14 R6 but don't know whether i should go with the power commander or flash-tune, don't quite know enough about either to make a decision, so what do you all think??

·
Registered
449 Posts
I'm about to put a LV SBK full system on my '14 R6 but don't know whether i should go with the power commander or flash-tune, don't quite know enough about either to make a decision, so what do you all think??
Are you planning on getting the bike dyno tuned?

If so, then just get a used PCV and call it a day.

·
m3lover2
10,527 Posts
Are you planning on getting the bike dyno tuned?

If so, then just get a used PCV and call it a day.
Bad advice.

You need to search.

You can't flash a '14 ecu. You'd have to get a pre '12 ecu.. Then flash it..

Pcv is nice and all.. But it has no control over the OEM throttle restriction.

·
pin it to win it
8,080 Posts
Trade someone with a 2012 ecu, and get it flashed. After that decide if you want a decent map loaded to the ecu and call it done, or get the pcv so you can fine tune it. If you just ride street and want to save some money just get it flashed to the ecu.

·
Hello
527 Posts
flashing your ECU (or any ecu you purchase) will run at least a THIRD of the cost of a PCV and dyno. The flash run incredibly well especially when trusted to a knowledgeable tuner. From there if you wanted to, you could add an autotune, but its not necessary imo. That being said, check your PM, I sent you some more info.

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
Bad advice.

You need to search.

I've been doing the 12&13 ecu's again now and seeing good results. Maybe the 14 has the 13 ecu in it. Haven't seen one yet to know whether or not it does!

:YEA

·
Registered
449 Posts
Bad advice.

You need to search.

Flash Tune is not the only company that flashes ECU's. There are others that will flash the 14, but its expensive, so that's why I suggested what I did.

Also... if you're spending the money on a full system, why would you not dyno tune your bike for a couple hundred dollars? Few tuners will flash your ECU with a custom map, but again, it's expensive. But, you seem to know everything, so what do I know, I've only been building, testing and racing these things for 5/6 years.

:poke

1 - 9 of 9 Posts