Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Between gettin gout of WSBK and now AMA, it seems as though Ducati has really lost its way. Did Rossi maybe come at too high a price?

·
Registered
875 Posts
Between gettin gout of WSBK and now AMA, it seems as though Ducati has really lost its way. Did Rossi maybe come at too high a price?
I think they just don't see the gains of WSBK and AMA worth the costs. Fuggin economy.

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
Ducati worst move was to leave wsbk imo....the 1098 is the shit

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Larry doesnt seem to publicly have bad things to say about Ducati.... hopefully he lands on his feet for 2011

·
21,003 Posts
So they have withdrawn their factory effort with the explanation that they will focus on moving tech from the prototype class to production bikes quicker. So a radical new Ducati superbike is on the horizon... I guess we can only hope for a V4!! Or maybe they are stubborn enough to come back with an even more insane twin? :D

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So they have withdrawn their factory effort with the explanation that they will focus on moving tech from the prototype class to production bikes quicker. So a radical new Ducati superbike is on the horizon... I guess we can only hope for a V4!! Or maybe they are stubborn enough to come back with an even more insane twin? :D
The Superquadratta.....:fact

·
I <3 Slick Mist.
1,378 Posts
Ducati worst move was to leave wsbk imo....the 1098 is the shit
The 1098 has dominated.. and they even keep changing the rules for the past years on engine specs to try to tune it down.. But, now they signed Rossi and that's how they are saving money to pay for him

·
21,003 Posts

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Damn poor Haga, the dream of being champion moves far out of reach once again:nono
Yep, always a bridesmaid....

I think the new Duc will still be a twin...

·
21,003 Posts
Yep, always a bridesmaid....

I think the new Duc will still be a twin...
the primary differences are power delivery and weight. The I4s wind up quite a bit higher than the twins (in most cases) and as such usually require the rider to keep them in a narrower portion of the powerband to make time IMO.

·
Registered
52,007 Posts
The Superquadratta.....:fact
:fact And it will be a twin...

The 1098 has dominated.. and they even keep changing the rules for the past years on engine specs to try to tune it down.. But, now they signed Rossi and that's how they are saving money to pay for him
Wrong. Unsubstantiated speculation, especially since Marlboro is a paying a huge part of Ducati's MotoGP bill...

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
:fact And it will be a twin...

Wrong. Unsubstantiated speculation, especially since Marlboro is a paying a huge part of Ducati's MotoGP bill...
Agreed....

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Very oversquare and high-revving...
yeah, I remember... but I didnt figure these guys really cared... or they would have googled it themselves...:laugh

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
For reference: 996R - 100mm bore, 998R - 104mm bore, 999R - 104mm bore, 1098R - 106mm bore, Superquadrata - 112mm bore
like most women, this bish gets bigger with age....:laugh

·
Registered
52,007 Posts
like most women, this bish gets bigger with age....:laugh
:laugh

Gear driven cams (IIRC one of the reasons Ducati was "crying foul" since Aprilia added these mid-season to the RSV4), L-twin but rotated rearward, frameless chassis (front and rear sections mounted directly to motor), and possibly 14K rpm...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts