Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, new to the base, not new to the site or riding but I see tons of R6's over the base and just wanted to say hello. I'm over in mainside, and my bike is due to arrive in January. Are there any meet ups on base for rides on the weekends?

·
Because I Can
2,325 Posts
I ride in pendelton...pendelton county. Just thought you should know haha.

·
formerly usmc08r6
1,313 Posts
i'll be moving there the first week of january along with my bike. was just there today looking for a house on base. don't know the area at all really but hopefully can get a network of riders quick

·
Registered
94 Posts
i'll be moving there the first week of january along with my bike. was just there today looking for a house on base. don't know the area at all really but hopefully can get a network of riders quick
Hey i am moving on base the first of January too. Where do you work at on base? Stuart Mesa is giving money back if you move in. Nice place, depends on where you work at. Let me know if you have any questions.

·
formerly usmc08r6
1,313 Posts
Hey i am moving on base the first of January too. Where do you work at on base? Stuart Mesa is giving money back if you move in. Nice place, depends on where you work at. Let me know if you have any questions.
That's actually where I'm moving. Ill be working on del Mar so its right around the corner. I'm out in the middle of no where right now so I have norides. Everywhere is flat around here so I'm hoping to get alot of riding in when I move

·
Registered
94 Posts
That's actually where I'm moving. Ill be working on del Mar so its right around the corner. I'm out in the middle of no where right now so I have norides. Everywhere is flat around here so I'm hoping to get alot of riding in when I move
Thats awesome to have another 2008 around the neighborhood. are you getting a 2 or 3 bedroom? i am moving in on the 7th. I work up north but i always go for rides on the weekend or work on the bike. I can show you some cool places.

·
formerly usmc08r6
1,313 Posts
Thats awesome to have another 2008 around the neighborhood. are you getting a 2 or 3 bedroom? i am moving in on the 7th. I work up north but i always go for rides on the weekend or work on the bike. I can show you some cool places.
I'm getting a 3 bedroom supposedly. I saw a few bikes around stuart mesa yesterday when I was lookin at houses. I heard about palomar but people keep saying to try and stay away if I can because of a lot of accidents

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm getting a 3 bedroom supposedly. I saw a few bikes around stuart mesa yesterday when I was lookin at houses. I heard about palomar but people keep saying to try and stay away if I can because of a lot of accidents
Yeah i have seen a few. when do you move in? Palomar is awesome but depends on your skill and when you go. the weekend morning is packed up there but after that it is awesome! How long have you been riding? If not Palomar i have a bunch of marine friends that go riding together

·
formerly usmc08r6
1,313 Posts
january 4th is my move in date as of now. i'd like to think i can ride palomar but i've never seen it nor been on it so who knows. i've been riding for a couple years consistantly. have had my license for almost 5 or 6 years but with deployments and a couple years in okinawa didnt ride much. it'll be nice to have people to ride with though. most of the guys over here just try to stunt or cruise around

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've done a lot of riding back in New Jersey, but browsing google maps of that area has me a little intimidated. My bikes should be here and ready to roll in early January. I have a 08 R6-S and 09 Kawi KLX250SF.

·
formerly usmc08r6
1,313 Posts
got to pendleton a few weeks ago. still haven't really met anyone that rides. so whats the deal? anyone down to meet up?

·
Registered
94 Posts
got to pendleton a few weeks ago. still haven't really met anyone that rides. so whats the deal? anyone down to meet up?
Yeah i hear ya. Moved in a couple of weeks ago into Stuart Mesa but really havent met anyone. I see tons of bikes especially this little punk on a 09 yellow R1 with yoshi pipes. love the bike not so much for the rider though. I am game for a little ride this weekend if you want? all i have been doing is driving back and forth to work on my bike. I live right by the elementary. Hit me up or if you see me riding around just flag me down.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts