Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
12,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So.... at work today, a co-worker comes up to me and says, "Don't freak out, but Nick saw some guys looking at your bike and taking pictures..."

WTF?!?!?!?:rocket

I've got an '07 R5s blue... and the ONLY mod on the bike at the moment is a dark windscreen... and the windscreen was used, so it's got minor scratches (too lazy to fix it ATM)...

and it's DIRTY.

WHY THE FUQK would you wanna take pictures of a STOCK bike????? I wanted to bring the bike inside my work place SOOOOO bad, but the boss wouldn't let me.

People need to fuqking mind their own business.

·
12,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I give it a week before you're back on here saying "someone stole my bike"
That's why I'm so paranoid... After my first R6 was stolen last summer, I keep a closer eye on the bike...

People are turds.

·
Premium Member
17,970 Posts
Dude, nothing wrong with pics man, just someone admiring the bike...... As long as they don't touch it.... I've bet you've taken pictures of shit that isn't yours in the past.

·
Ride Safe; Not Stupid
716 Posts
yeah man...id definitely be more cautious in the next week or 2....sounds like they were stacking out the bike and possibly the area...so is be careful

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Sounds like you need to ****ing relax. :D

·
12,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dude, nothing wrong with pics man, just someone admiring the bike...... As long as they don't touch it.... I've bet you've taken pictures of shit that isn't yours in the past.
Of course I have... like exotic cars... custom bikes (AT bike shows)... other guy's girlfriends (oops... that was supposed to be just a thought... lol).

but MY bike is stock and dirty.... why not go to the dealer and take pictures of BRAND NEW bikes without ANY dirt... and the lighting is better too.

·
12,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds like you need to ****ing relax. :D
I'd like to see you "relax" after you've have a bike stolen. It's not that fun.

·
Premium Member
17,970 Posts
Of course I have... like exotic cars... custom bikes (AT bike shows)... other guy's girlfriends (oops... that was supposed to be just a thought... lol).

but MY bike is stock and dirty.... why not go to the dealer and take pictures of BRAND NEW bikes without ANY dirt... and the lighting is better too.
Well, i see that. For some people these bikes are exotic....... I remember a couple of years ago I would drool while looking at any of these stock bikes, even old ones. Just keep it secure man. I hope they were just innocent pictures.

·
12,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, i see that. For some people these bikes are exotic....... I remember a couple of years ago I would drool while looking at any of these stock bikes, even old ones. Just keep it secure man. I hope they were just innocent pictures.
I'm really hoping that the only thing they wanted to take were pictures.

·
Its Only a 600?
319 Posts
Alot of people don't know alot about bikes, especially whats stock and whats not. To a non-rider, a stock bike these days look absolutely amazing. I'd be proud that someone is taking pictures of it, i always am. I've had little kids and their dads walk up and wanna sit on it. Be proud, but in your situation, be cautious also.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I'd like to see you "relax" after you've have a bike stolen. It's not that fun.
In that case, throw a ****ing fit when someone ask you a question about your bike. Better yet, if they look at it they are ****ing stupid.

Insurance serves a good purpose.

It's worth being cautious but you are overreacting.

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
ever thought of pickin up a gorilla alarm or something of that sort? I think thats the next mod for my bike...if i keep it that is lol. Might be time for a new one at the end of this season!

·
What about what?
6,755 Posts
I've got an '07 R5s blue... and the ONLY mod on the bike at the moment is a dark windscreen... and the windscreen was used, so it's got minor scratches (too lazy to fix it ATM)...
R5 eh? Those are a little more rare than the R7... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,307 Posts

·
12,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
In that case, throw a ****ing fit when someone ask you a question about your bike. Better yet, if they look at it they are ****ing stupid.

Insurance serves a good purpose.

It's worth being cautious but you are overreacting.
So when I get upset that people get out of a car, take pictures, and get back in their car within a minute or two, that's overreacting?

right.

Insurance IS good... that's why I've got it. But not having to USE it.... THAT'S better.

·
12,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ever thought of pickin up a gorilla alarm or something of that sort? I think thats the next mod for my bike...if i keep it that is lol. Might be time for a new one at the end of this season!
I've already got an alarm for it, but since I know all about car electronics and such, I know how easy it is to take a simple tool and remove the seat, and disconnect the battery.

Buh bye alarm.

LoJack is nice, but it's also $1000+ installed. And since there's not many places on a bike an installer can hide the module, thieves can just do a quick search, remove the LoJack, and toss it in a dumpster or pickup bed.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Newb ,sounds like you have more than enough reason to get an alarm or lowjack and one of those fantastic Kryptonite cable.

·
12,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Newb ,sounds like you have more than enough reason to get an alarm or lowjack and one of those fantastic Kryptonite cable.
As stated above, I've already got an alarm... I also forgot to mention I've got one of those alarmed disc locks.

·
Ya wheelies is garbage!
5,935 Posts
I'm really hoping that the only thing they wanted to take were pictures.
Yea I feel ya man I would be al ittle onedge about it too! Just have them keep an eye out for the same guys coming around again. Similar thing happened to my cousins GSXR guys came looked at it one day took pictures came back and walked around it looking at it again another occasion then the bike was gone 3 days later. He was in the back of the store doing something for like 15 minutes and the damn thing was gone. Got the guys on the camera pulling up on a bike the passenger getting off walking out of the camera sight for a second then getting on the bike a taking off. NO big loss though it was a GSXR and he replaced it with an 05 R6. haha I would just keep a close eye on it maybe take the car a few days to work.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts