Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Allright, I live in small community of around 10 grand. And there are no R6's in sight here, just gixxer's and 636's, well ne way I ordered my R6, and some of the kids that ride gixxers and 636's said they hate R6's, that they dont compete with their bikes, and they just suck all around. Give me some input to back my sh!t up. thanks. :cheers

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
You made the right choice!!!!

People who dont ride R6s always rip on them. In fact Gixxer people may not rip on Ninja people may not rip on CBR people, but they all rip on R6 people.

There is a reason....

The R6 is in a different category as all these bikes.

Aside from the power, looks, and handling advantages of the R6, it is a mystique thing. The fact that when you ride next to those bikes and look over to see that everyone around you is riding a lesser machine really makes you feel something good.

The R6 you ordered is the closest thing to a real racing bike that you can get on the street...

I will have a hard time EVER buying a bike that is not a YAMAHA.

Enjoy!!!! and welcome to the board....

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
If you already know how to ride good enough, just get your friends on a track and SHOW them which bike IS the bike to beat.

That goes for straight line or roadcourse

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've had 2 R6's and I wouldn't buy anything but a Yamaha. If you want to have shit to talk to them about. Just go to sportrider.com and take a look at what they said. Also bring up the fact that they competed it with the GSX-R 1000 and RC-51. And it beat the honda on the track.

But performance bikes are very good. All makes. Even the fuckin' ugly kawi's :throwup (man I hate those bikes).

But my buddy has a gixxer. He loves it and yes I think it's a nice bike too. But no yamaha. But he sat on it and he couldn't believe the quality of it. His clutch and brake levers were so sloppy compared to mine and that is something the magazines have known all along. Yamaha's fit and finish is far beyond the others.

But you can tell your idiots one thing. And it's the truth. The main reason that you see so many gixxers and honda's out there. PARTS. They're cheaper and easier to find cause there are so many. No other reason.

And well kawi. their always a grand cheaper (at least in canada), cause they're pieces of shit. Look at how well they did this year. 36 more cc's than the rest and still the worst rated bike. :hehe

·
Registered
327 Posts
Do the sprocket conversion (since there are none around there to compare it to, they won't know) and tell them it is stock. Then challenge them at a red light. What is left to say after they are smoked? :mrgreen: We don't need a tie, or for them to come even close, we are going for the "everyone watching" ass whippin'.

·
Registered
270 Posts
THEY ARE FOOOLS!!!!!

It appears that they have been sheltered a little tooo LONG! How can you DIS a byk, when all U have to compare it to are GIXXERS and Kawi's!

I hate the fact that people say the R6 is too small, or the R6 is a girl's bike, or it doesn't have the power like the GXR!

SCREW YOU PALS!! just read all the mags and they'll tell you different. The R6 is the BEST all around bike for all sexes--and it surprises even the critics!

DON'T KNOCK it UNTIL YOU TRY IT!! R6 all the way!!! :worship

·
Registered
953 Posts
sounds like a riced out civic trying to say he can beat a porche or something.

they just don't want to admit their bikes blow. take them to the track and kick some ass.

:hump

·
Registered
88 Posts
I am going to have to agree with everyone else. As long as you like it then who cares. And if they still won't shut the hell up, then prove it. And if that doesn't work, throw rocks. Really big, heavy rocks. That will get them everytime
:cheers

·
Registered
953 Posts
amncroft said:
I am going to have to agree with everyone else. As long as you like it then who cares. And if they still won't shut the hell up, then prove it. And if that doesn't work, throw rocks. Really big, heavy rocks. That will get them everytime
:cheers
throw GIXXER parts at them. beat them with their own crap. :bash

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
cdemon said:
throw GIXXER parts at them. beat them with their own crap. :bash
hahahahahaha

throw GIXXER parts at them

hahahaha

and to get those GIXXER parts....just follow behind one for a while...some parts are bound to fall off of it at some point....or it will crash because most Giggy riders are "hard core" Stuntas ..... especially those who have had their GIXXER for two weeks and it is their first bike

hahahahaha

WATCH...soon after you gert your R6, you will start seeing other R6s start popping up around town.

:worship

·
Registered
293 Posts
penfold said:
not to mention it was the winner of the ama superstock class.........

or you can send them this quick synopsis from Cycle World as well.....

Ultimately, it comes down to, Do you like your bike yourself? Then who gives a flying squirrel **** what anyone else thinks?
yea did a gixxer even win one race? just ask them why all of the factory yamahas came in 1-4 at pikes peak.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Who fucking cares? :cuss

If your psyche is so fragile that you have to talk shit about other people's possessions to make yourself feel good... just do the world a favor and hang yourself now.

Just about EVERY motorcycle made now is a great bike. As far as the sportbikes go, the only difference a street rider is ever going to notice is the riding position... and the aesthetics.

If you really want to impress someone, learn to ride.

·
Registered
283 Posts
If they are your mates swap bikes for a ride. You have to agree if one stacks the other gets his bike. One surefire way to show them they are wrong. I have a mate that won't ride my 6 anymore. His kwaka can't compete and it makes him regret his purchase.

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
i bet those guys are a bunch of posers anyway. when you get your R6, get a feel for the way it handles. then when the time comes bring your can of whoop a$$ and serve some $hut the fook up. once you hand there a$$es to them they will realize they put there money on the worng bike.

·
Registered
35 Posts
On the street there is very little difference between the sports 600's, its more down to the rider. I have freinds with all makes of 600s and 1000s and on the street everyone can keep up with everybody else. As for slating other peoples bikes its rarely done, all the modern sports bikes rock. I would say in my circle of friends snobbery does not exist with the exception of harleys and goldwings when you just have to laugh.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.