Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.bikehps.com/cabs/

Developed for all track-day, race and sporting riders, CABS is a fully automatic, clutch activated, throttle blipper system for all 2007 onwards Yamaha YZF-R1 & 2006 onwards YZF-R6 models.

·
Premium Member
30,470 Posts
~$325usd or so I'd guess. Not bad. Would be cool to have one less thing to worry about as you're slipping the rear tire around under heavy braking going into a turn.

Plus your vids would sound effing awesome!

·
Premium Member
938 Posts
I generally use the clutch for upshifts as well. I believe this product blips the throttle every time you pull in the clutch. Theoretically it would blip my upshifts as well, which I wouldnt want. I also wonder what it does when stopped in first gear with the clutch held in. It does look like a pretty cool product though.

·
vroom on a yamaha
551 Posts
Damn that is pretty cool. I'm trying to learn how to blip the throttle like that and not rely on the crappy slipper clutch:thumbdown

·
Team STG Racing
337 Posts
Before long, the bikes will come with remote controls so we dont even have to sit on them. We will all just sit on the sidelines and ride/race them like people do the RC cars.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What the deuce is his speedo showing? Temp in celsius?
correct, no need for speedo when you're racing with the yec package.

·
Team STG Racing
337 Posts
+1

I typically tape over my speedometer. It is just an unnecessary distraction. If i want to look at segment speeds or trap speeds or average speeds, that is what the GPS lap timer is for.

As far as "how fast am i going right now?" while on the track, who cares. All that matters is if I am going faster than the dudes around me or not. :D

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I generally use the clutch for upshifts as well. I believe this product blips the throttle every time you pull in the clutch. Theoretically it would blip my upshifts as well, which I wouldnt want. I also wonder what it does when stopped in first gear with the clutch held in. It does look like a pretty cool product though.
from basic reading and understanding of the ecu, the computer knows when you're going down a gear vs up a gear so given that it ties into this it won't blip when upshifting.

same applies to when you're in first gear on the grid.

wonder if it's ss legal lol

·
Premium Member
30,470 Posts
from basic reading and understanding of the ecu, the computer knows when you're going down a gear vs up a gear so given that it ties into this it won't blip when upshifting.

same applies to when you're in first gear on the grid.

wonder if it's ss legal lol
i HIGHLY doubt it.

·
Parts Pimp
26,455 Posts
Damn that's cool shit! That guy can fcukin ride too. That track looks sick with all that elevation. It's gotta be a handful worrying about that rear tire all day on the bike too. This would be a pretty neat thing to have for sure!

:popcorn:

·
Derp
1,308 Posts
I think I'm more impressed by how much power that bike has down low than the actual blip master 3000. If you ever drop that low on the R6 you're gonna get smoked out of the corner. He is dropping so so low in the RPM's then they INSTANTLY climb back up to red line.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts