Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
My ZX6R ate my R6!
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well out here in Illinois the weather has gotten colder and many riders have already put away their bikes. However I just can't seem to stop.

Every time i go to class with my gear all my classmates and friends think I am nuts for riding this late in the season. However I just can't put the 6 away yet. Anyone else have this problem?

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,295 Posts
Ya, Im right there with ya broseph...I cant seem to put mine away for winter either...:sing

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,295 Posts
Ive seen 22deg f on some marquee's before...

Heated gloves FTW

·
zomething different
8,430 Posts
it was in the low 80's yesterday and sunny. CA FTW! :toocool:

·
Registered
925 Posts
Well out here in Illinois the weather has gotten colder and many riders have already put away their bikes. However I just can't seem to stop.

Every time i go to class with my gear all my classmates and friends think I am nuts for riding this late in the season. However I just can't put the 6 away yet. Anyone else have this problem?
Nope...not me. Not at all! :sing

(that's ice on the inside of the visor)

Literally every single gas station I stopped at on that trip, there was at least one.... "isn't it a little cold to be on that thing??" :lmao

But no I'm not addicted... not at all :sing

·
My ZX6R ate my R6!
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Literally every single gas station I stopped at on that trip, there was at least one.... "isn't it a little cold to be on that thing??" :lmao

But no I'm not addicted... not at all :sing[/QUOTE]

Dude that pic is nuts :lmao

I can't imagine riding in the snow. That must be pretty cool though.

·
Registered
111 Posts
It was a cool 83F here in FL yesterday. Raining like hell out now. damn 17F is pretty effin cold out. and agreed that last pic in the snow is crazy cool looking.

·
my R6 tickles me.
465 Posts
mine is packed away now but the other day i was up town in the cage and saw some dude on a gixxer riding, and it was snowing. I rode in the snow once and it sucks....

·
Jesus Reigns
4,398 Posts
I didn't ride much last winter when it was cold, but thats not because it was too cold. Just decided not too. I ride when I want to, 95 or 35, doesn't matter. Though colder weather does tend to play a role in how bad I want to get out and ride.

·
Registered
925 Posts
It was a cool 83F here in FL yesterday. Raining like hell out now. damn 17F is pretty effin cold out. and agreed that last pic in the snow is crazy cool looking.
Thanks! My buddy took that as I was leaving his place in Columbus, OH on my way back to Atlanta, GA. That 17 degrees was the high for the day... it was a 350 mile trip from Decatur, IL to Columbus, OH, this picture was taken in Montezuma, Indiana about 1:30 pm. This was the temp earlier in the day not too long before I left

And it was 15 when I got to Columbus. Thank god for heated grips.... I was fine except my feet kept getting cold

·
loves riding his 6
802 Posts
hasnt gotten to a point where you cant ride, but it is getting colder. when i first started to ride, i used to ride when it was high 30s in beginning of march when there was still snow. its right around 40s and 50s now. still good to ride, but just decided to put her away soon before it gets too cold.

·
loves riding his 6
802 Posts
Thanks! My buddy took that as I was leaving his place in Columbus, OH on my way back to Atlanta, GA. That 17 degrees was the high for the day... it was a 350 mile trip from Decatur, IL to Columbus, OH, this picture was taken in Montezuma, Indiana about 1:30 pm. This was the temp earlier in the day not too long before I left

And it was 15 when I got to Columbus. Thank god for heated grips.... I was fine except my feet kept getting cold
wow, you are one brave man.. lol cant believe its 17 in ohio already..

·
Sex and Bikes Go Together
1,222 Posts
I get it all the time, my 6 is all I have right now though haha....especially now that its rainning and cold haha.I dont care though

·
Car? What Car?
2,335 Posts
I wish it snowed here in Texas so I could ride in the snow. Instead we have to deal with black ice here. Gets kinda scary when you do a little fishtailin. Just go straight and dont apply any inputs (gas, brake, turning) till you are through. My imaginary friends dont think Im nuts.

·
Registered
925 Posts
1 - 20 of 38 Posts