Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i know its a newb question but does anyone know the performance differences between the 2004-2006 r6 and the 07 r6s some people have told me that the 07 r6s is pretty much the 05-06 r6 but i thought i would get some more insight

·
Custom User Title
1,827 Posts
way different.

the 2006-2008 r6s is the same as a 2003-2004 r6. the 2005 r6 has larger rotors, with inverted forks and radial brakes. among a slight change in the frame for better handling. maybe slightly more power.

the r6s is the same as the 03-04 r6. it has normal forks, smaller brakes and they aren't radial.

its something you wouldn't notice while riding though.

·
My R6 shoots tequila
1,487 Posts
I love daredevils posts... I thought for a second I would be disappointed because this one didnt have any sarcasm.

·
Intermediate Knee Dragger
1,309 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
<---Doesnt Agree

I've had every generation R6 except the new 08, and I can / could tell a difference in all of them.

99, 03, 05, 06(current)

·
RU R6
1,207 Posts
So basically in 2005 the R6 reached it's peak when they slapped on inverted forks, bigger brakes, etc on the aging R6. Then 2006 introduced the next generation R6W and the "older R6" became the R6S and the S kinda reverted back to older technology because there was really no point in keeping the inverted forks and brakes on the R6S?

So if you were looking at getting the R6S, you're better off getting a nice used 2005 with all the neat components?

·
T-1 is my Hero
0 Posts
I know the S models have a re tuned Ecu and the engineers did something to the throttle bodies but other than that its very similar to the 03-04

·
Intermediate Knee Dragger
1,309 Posts
<---Doesnt Agree

I've had every generation R6 except the new 08, and I can / could tell a difference in all of them.

99, 03, 05, 06(current)
Let me rephrase a bit. Anyone can feel the difference, but only the people who get paid to ride will be able to do much of anything with it other than stand around at bike night talking about how awesome their bikes are.

·
UnZUnDUnR
1,004 Posts
So basically in 2005 the R6 reached it's peak when they slapped on inverted forks, bigger brakes, etc on the aging R6. Then 2006 introduced the next generation R6W and the "older R6" became the R6S and the S kinda reverted back to older technology because there was really no point in keeping the inverted forks and brakes on the R6S?

So if you were looking at getting the R6S, you're better off getting a nice used 2005 with all the neat components?
Of the 03-08 R6 & R6S.The 05 is the most updated/advanced of the bunch.Besides the improvements mentioned above.The thottle bodies were increased from 38 to 40mm, the swing arm was also revised for handleing improvements.It is slightly more powerful than the other models/years.Until you move onto the 06-current R6.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts