Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
honda convert
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok firstly, I hope I'm posting in the right section:)

Right, on the 5EB R6, is there any way of mapping or programming the OEM ECU for performance ignition firing? (trying to advance performance on a tuned engine)

If not, are there any mappable ECU units out there for the 5EB? Ive considered using an omex unit form a car but its max RPM is 12500 which obviously wont do the job.does anyone know of anything else that might work?

any help or tips greatly appreciated:toocool:

·
track junkie
470 Posts
it's called an ignition advancer. sold by factory pro. it advances the ignition +4 degrees. if you cant find one contact FTZ racing. they love carbed R6 motors and make their own in house. it's just a rotor that is installed behind the timing cover, small slightly rectangular cover in front of the clutch cover on the right side of the bike. rotor comes with a new gasket also. super easy to install and is a must for good performance when jetting and changing to a full exhaust system. the stock ignition is set for good emmissions. +4 is where best horsepower is made.

·
honda convert
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks dude, but i was looking for something that can applied varied ignition timing under different torcs and rev ranges, the factory pro advancer is much more of a one for all device and can only alter max 5 degree variance. Cheers for your help though, it appears there is no such ecu out there at the moment so im considering working on altering an omex unless something else becomes apparent:toocool:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts