Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
This is not my ass
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have 07 with full tit. Ark exhaust, PC, K&N air filter, the new R6s suck at the bottom end RPMs, all pull past 12 oclock, no complaints there. My 04 had a lot of torque under 9000 rpm, on that bike I just had a micron, PC, K&N filter, and fuel regulator(forgot what it was called, some little piece I put need the fuel regulator) slide stops, graves velocity stakes, the bike would pick up in first gear like I had a stunt sprocket on the back. The 07 R6 needs higher RPMs to get the front up. My question: What performance parts can I get for the 07 to improve bottom end RPMs without loosing top end speed?
I know changing sprocket config. would help but what setup would be best to improve bottom end without/limiting top end performance? (how many teeth)
I have not seen any after market, bolt on performance parts for the 07 models

·
Just Burnin Time
2,220 Posts
actually, a turbo would still lag at the bottom.... but a supercharger wont!

in all reality, drop a tooth in the front, that wont make you lose too much top end but will improve the bottom end drastically. If you want even more, obviously you can go up two in the rear.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Personally I don't seem to have the low end problem. Not because it isnt' there, it's just when i'm doing 30mph in town i don't have it in 6th gear. Not trying to be a smart azz, but I just keep the revs in the higher range when riding. So, if that's not the problem people on this wonderful site will tell you to get the 520 kit, your on the right track.

·
This is not my ass
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm comparing my 04 to the 07 and the 07 bottom sucks to my 04 which would almost shoot out of my hands in first gear. I ride around town(25mph) in second gear, but the 07 isn't going to bet my 04 off the line.

·
2B R <> 2B
3,703 Posts
Racing Cams will put you apart from any other R6 and you will be able to beat some liter bikes... But they cost a grand + depending on which ones you get.. I know one other person who had those things...

Racing Cams, Full system, Power Commander and you will beat all of us and some liter bikes

Most people think I am tripping but the older bike have more low end power than the newer bikes without the sprocket change...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts