Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2008 r6 a month ago and i was wondering what i could do to make it faster besides a power commander and exhaust. maybe cams? piston? and what kind.

·
I ride bitches year round
1,834 Posts
This analogy is difficult for me to say/admit but...Why buy a mustang and mod it to hell so that you can keep up with the vette. Just buy the vette and save yourself all the trouble.

·
Get One UP
665 Posts
Im really not sure you would gain that much more hp from cams.. I would suggest loosing weight on the bike.. the thing already has enough power.

*wtf are you talking about mustangs and vettes?

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
welcome to the forum first of all!
and also, is this your first bike?
more power is useless if you dont know how to use it.

·
2B R <> 2B
3,703 Posts
Im really not sure you would gain that much more hp from cams.. I would suggest loosing weight on the bike.. the thing already has enough power.

*wtf are you talking about mustangs and vettes?
The dude was saying - If want a faster bike why not buy a bigger bike...

I just accepted this myself a couple of days ago after checking out allot of liter + bikes... R6's can only beat bikes under 1000 class... You will have to invest over a grand to get near a stock 1000 which are hard to find...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i guess i shouldnt have rode my friends r1. that thing just has so much more torque. and yes i do know how to ride the bike and use the power. the insurance and payment was alot more so i settled for the r6. its a great bike and i love it.

·
Lets Ride the Twisties
104 Posts
just change your gearing and youll feel more torque. other than that if you want more power i say go for an R1

·
Dragging Knee
1,604 Posts
The best way to go faster is to upgrade the rider. Take it to the track you will realize how much you have to learn and become a better rider and learn to extract the potential out of the bike.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts