Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
deez nutz
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Moving to philly beginning of June, kinda worried because im not to sure if there are any close twisties..ill be about 5 miles south of willow grove in Elkins Park, Let me know!

·
My R6 eats you.
7,565 Posts
Kelly drive or the service roads behind the airport. I'll be in the center city area for the next 6 months.

·
I have a dig bick...
2,307 Posts
I know a few roads...but Diesel is a fackin' master at finding twisties...

Colin, i just pulled the trigger on the Bazzaz :)...Looks like i will be shelling out lots of booze and cheesesteaks when i get home for yall :D

·
deez nutz
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
kinda close to willow grove? i like the long miles of nothing but twisties haha. Somewhere to take my boys when they come visit and wont be disappointed.

·
deez nutz
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kelly drive or the service roads behind the airport. I'll be in the center city area for the next 6 months.
nice, i think imma schedule a couple rodger lyle track days too if your interested..

In harrisburg, there are some crazy roads like 125, 849, and 443. Just hoping i can find similar ones around here..

·
My R6 eats you.
7,565 Posts
nice, i think imma schedule a couple rodger lyle track days too if your interested..

In harrisburg, there are some crazy roads like 125, 849, and 443. Just hoping i can find similar ones around here..
There are some fun roads, but unless you're going out at between 1-6am traffic will ruin it. I'm going to be doing a bunch of NESBA track days this year at NJMP and VIR.

well not exactly in WG but close by it...

Next saturday:)
Awesome, I have that whole week off.

·
deez nutz
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
maybe thats one thing thatll suck about the move..HBG traffic is there, but not as bad as phila. guess ill have to stretch it out and put chrome spinners on and jus cruise around without a helmet down broad st..

·
deez nutz
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i was down there monday. we went to the gun range, i seen 99% gixxers. almost spotted a helmetless gixxer rider eat shit while standing out on penns landing trying to "show off" for us. haha

·
5/8/10 - NES BBQ V
3,215 Posts
Not to spam but if you go to www.northeastsportbikes.com, click on their events section, and find the group rides, i believe there is maps in there of cominations of roads that we've done. They are pretty fun routes.

Kelly drive is a death trap. Too many people can jump out in front of you.

Airport road, you'd be lying there dead for days before anyone found you.

There's a bunch of roads up past new hope that are really fun. You just obviously have to be careful as they tend to have rock patches from time to time. And the traffic is much less hectic.

·
deez nutz
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not to spam but if you go to www.northeastsportbikes.com, click on their events section, and find the group rides, i believe there is maps in there of cominations of roads that we've done. They are pretty fun routes.

Kelly drive is a death trap. Too many people can jump out in front of you.

Airport road, you'd be lying there dead for days before anyone found you.

There's a bunch of roads up past new hope that are really fun. You just obviously have to be careful as they tend to have rock patches from time to time. And the traffic is much less hectic.
thanks

·
tall fcukin mutha fcuker
2,751 Posts
youll have to join up with us on a group ride! and as for out in Harrisburg im out there alot over the summer on the weekends becuz my girl lives there let me know when you be out there and we can meet up when shes at work....

·
deez nutz
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
youll have to join up with us on a group ride! and as for out in Harrisburg im out there alot over the summer on the weekends becuz my girl lives there let me know when you be out there and we can meet up when shes at work....
where does she live in HBG? ill be in phillly till this weekend, then home to hbg for a while

·
tall fcukin mutha fcuker
2,751 Posts
umm right off Derry ST she goes to school in Philly too

·
deez nutz
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
haha kapplan huh? i live right behind that..yea lemme know when your bringin the bike up..ill show you roads up there :)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts