Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
If you spend about $250 you can get the real true HID conversion kit. My neighbor got it on his R1 and it looks so PHAT !!!!! In my opinion the bulbs are all over the place...they bounce as you ride and you will have alot of pissed off drivers (cars). I know this because before he got the converstion kit he had the PIAA's and everyone was high beaming him. For $250 its really worth getting..... The HID charger thingy (amp) will sit right beaneth the the Ferrings....very nice !

Consider it

:moon

·
Registered
38 Posts
Here is the link in where he ordered it from. Again, the price range from like $250-$320. This is the link to the exact ones he has installed on his R1, and they look wonderfull Im ordering my set this week. They are VERY clear and from a distance have that very slight blueish tint, it looks exactly like a Benz or Lexus headlight....and you dont see the true HID kit on many bikes....very nice.

He has the SuperVision 8000K, which he recomends over the 6000K.

http://www.globalpremier.com/h4hid8000k.html

:hump :hump :hump :hump :hump :hump :hump :hump :hump

·
Registered
38 Posts
Well, I was there during installation. We know a guy who is a certified master technician (which helps) who came to his garage and installed it there. It took about 40-50min for the install but again this guy is a mastar 12volt technican so no guessing games for him (lucky to know him). The bulbs will not be affected by weather change and are not known to pop or blow, infact if you just replace your bulbs and go with the HID kit its most likely the bulb will pop and leave glass particles in your light housing, you wont have to worry abou this with the HID's.

I feel that its worth it if you want to go for that look, you will end up spending more money replacing regular PIAA bulbs everytime they blow and its clarity is no way near the HID quality.

Put it this way, you wont have to worry about people seeing you at night, they are bright & clear.

:gas

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.