Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As stated in my previous thread "Devilish OVO", I recently purchased a high mount slip-on OVO from Hammy. Here's the pic I took today before giving the pipe a test run of 70 miles.

Lemme just say that if anyone is looking for a pipe that looks awesome, sounds deep and throaty & available for a good price then contact Hammy the Can Man and get the hook up on a Devil. Installation took less than an hour with only picture instructions (the steps were not written in English).

ps Note that the pipe is up against my mini stalk that came with my RiskyMoto fender eliminator kit that i installed last year. I guess I might have to get the tail light integrator kit.

:twisted:

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
nice pipe, i was gonna get that but went with the SB2. get an integrator kit. looks way better. it will clean up the lines in the rear.

·
Registered
189 Posts
one thing with devil pipes you should do is get a rubber gasket to go inbetween your clamp and pipe or it scuffs the shit out of it. other than that devil pipes are exquisite! :boob

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fern,

Its the Devil OVO high mount FP* (visit the Devil website for spec's). I was in the same boat as you trying to decide between a Two Bros or other brand. I honestly didn't know much about the Devil and spent like 5hrs on the Devil's website researching the pipe before I decided to grow some cojones and "Just Do it". I hooked up the pipe and went for a ride this saturday and am nothing short of pleased with the pipe. I don't know if its ethical to discuss the cost in the forum so I won't say the exact price but ask Hammy for a quote and then compare it to the dealer's price. After all's said and done, just remember that its your money and your bike so get the pipe that's for you. Good luck with your purchase.

:flame

*FP= full performance (aka bad ass mofo)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hey Warrior, can you compare the sound to anything you've heard before? I know it is deep and throaty at low revs, but how obnoxious is it when you really get on it? Nice lookin by the way

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
zlee,
The main two pipes i've listened to are Yoshiurma and Micron, more of the former than latter. And usually all I see are the stainless steel pipes, not to many people want to fork out the dough for carbon. On my initial test run, i went bout three miles on city streets and immediately jumped on the highway for about thirty miles to really open up the bike. when i was coasting, the noise wasn't too bothersome but as soon as i tweaked the throttle the pipe would rumble to life. I am considering ear plugs for highway riding but in the city it wasn't too bad b/c you're not always on the acceleration (aka traffic or actually doing the speed limit). I need some more test runs to really get a good feel for the pipe but unfortunately the weather is not playing along in NW Indiana. However, I can tell you that this pipe doesn't sound like no bitch-whipped moped coming down the street. It means business. I have listened to soundclips from other brands via the internet but those are always subject to the person recording them and may not sound like the pipe but have echos and reverb. Like I told Fern, I too was considering a couple other brands and kinda went on a limb with Devil but am totally pleased. My bike sounds the way I want it to and I can't wait for summer months of riding. Hope I helped. Good luck with your decision.

:flame

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
R6RoadWarrior said:
Fern,

I don't know if its ethical to discuss the cost in the forum so I won't say the exact price but ask Hammy for a quote and then compare it to the dealer's price.
Thanks much RoadDog! Discretion in the better part of valor.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks RoadWarrior

Thanks for the help and pics. I'm goin with the low mount carbon Devil from Hammy. I just gotta wait for my silver baby to come in. This waiting s**** sux.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts