Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Leave to go get the trailer in 15 mins, then head to the dealer. I am scheduled for pick up at 9:00 a.m. Snow on the ground or not, I will take plenty of pics!

·
Registered
786 Posts
Good stuff man.... I'm itching for my 6..... but damn , I still have mounds to clean in the garage

:roll:
Old stove.... fridge..... remote controlled airplane.... clean up tools....

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WELL i GOT her and DAAAAAng is she beautiful. Drove home and cleaned her up and left straight for work. Didn't have time to really even look her over. While at the dealer I witnessed a hit and run and had to make a report...then the digital cam wouldn't work, so we used a disposable. As soon as I get them developed and scanned I will post em. This bike was well worth the wait....GORGEOUS!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Congrats....Can't wait to see the pictures...Just remember to keep the rubber side down...If there are any questions, look at my avatar..That should answer about everything...And ALWAYS wear a helmet.

GOOD LUCK!

:jump

·
Registered
318 Posts
yo man thats tight!! I should be pickin mine up next week and I cant wait!! What color did you get? What happened with the hit and run?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got the same as in my pic :cheers

The hit and run was a f-150 backing into a new s-10 quad cab. Heard a crunch as I was tightening my straps on the trailer. He looked up and saw me and sped off. I ran inside, let em know and gave them tag and description then left. Sheriff called earlier, guessing on a more detailed review, he will call tomorrow. I am just excited to get out of here (work) and go home to drool in my garage.

·
Registered
64 Posts
any pictures yet? what colr did you decide to get?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thats what I was answering in my last post...lol. Its the silver with black flames edition. Looks gorgeous in person. Will look even better after I get some mods done.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Congrat's on the new bike! I've got the same one and love it!

Get rid of the ungly rear fender, change the turn signals to mini's, add a nice pipe and tinted windscreen and you'll look just like mine! :cheers

Good luck with it.. Like you I'm sure, I can't wait to log the miles up this summer!

nittyp.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
oh, sweet! Congrats on the new bike and take care of her! I thought by your post name that you were picking up your girl on your new bike. (since i knew you were getting a bike soon)

Just a thought and a GREAT reminder. Learn to ride it like a good 1000 miles before you let a girl on. She'll freak and get the two of you lowsided faster than you can fart!

Just tell the girls that you're still mastering how to "give rides" (with a wink) before actually do. Also....a good "i dont have insurance for passengers, so if we wreck and you lose all your skin, i'm screwed) line also works.

It's tempting, but learn first, SERIOUSLY!

·
Registered
786 Posts
I just put a deposit down today for an 03 silver... didn't want any others to buy it as the weather is turning a bit nicer and they only had one used ..dealer let go out back to where he had it stored to check it out (as well as his other collection of cruisers, etc ..... bloody weather.... It's teasing me to hell..... we had snow in the morning, then afternoon rolls along, and its like sunny, warm, snow melting, roads dry.... above freezing temperatures... and I'm just "aghhhh" cuz I know winter isn't finished yet.... I am giving the weather a month to be nice before I go insane and pick up my bike

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Don't be scared pussy! Buy now :hammer

Same shit here down in iowa even. We are melting away the most snow we have had since March of 1998..............we ALWAYS get a good blizzard in march, so i'm expecting another good storm here in a couple of weeks. Still, no reason not to buy your bike, get it, take stupid reflectors off, get aftermarket goodies, do burnouts with stock tires etc.....

Buy now.......only cure for winter/ cold weather fever.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts