Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I'm another nube to the board, I found it a couple of weeks ago and decided it was time to say Hi! Would I be right in thinking it's fairly new? Anyhow it's looks great and I hope it grows into a great community!

I live in Essex in the UK and I've finally put down a deposit on a blue '03 R6, I should be picking it up around the 17th after I get back from the Milan bike show, I absolutely can't wait.

I took advantage of the latest deal that Yamaha were offering, 0% finance over 2 years (also 1% over 3 and 2% over 4) and have decided to go with the Yamaha Insurance Services too, they quoted the best price fully comp at £1200. Has anyone else had any experience with them?

I'm currently 23, which explains the high quote but it's the best I've had after calling about 20 odd different insurers.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to picking up this beauty of a motorcycle and i'll post some pics a.s.a.p! Keep up the good work, I'm glad that I've found forums like these as they seem full of top people and helpfull advice! Cheers :mrgreen:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I finally got it :jump and god damn she is gorgeous!!!!
It's not a particularly good pic but here goes:-

She is unbelievable, as you all know! I'm just taking time getting to know her but will look into getting a fender illiminator and flushmounts for sure, they look so much better. If there's anyone from the UK on this board, what is the legality with those miniture licence plates?
God damn it's 3 in the morning and all I want to do is go and ride her, but i've had too many bevvies. Bring on tomorrow!!!! :hammer

·
Registered
35 Posts
Im in the UK and my bike is identical to yours, very nice. If stoped by traffic police you will get a fixed penalty for a small plate.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Nice looking ride.

Go out & enjoy her & be careful.

Just a question. Are those mid fairings black. I thought they where all blue on the blue model. :?:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep the mid fairings are black, and the R6 logo on the tail has a black section too as it's a european model. I prefered the US colour scheme to begin with but the black bits have started to grow on me. Here's a clearer pic for you :-

YZFR6UK - thanks, do you have one yourself? I've seen so many of them about I wonder if it's worth the risk of being stopped by the police. It does clear up the rear end and looks awesome..... decisions decisions

·
Registered
35 Posts
If you go to a large bike meet, where there is a large police presence, like most large meets these days, your bound to get a fixed penalty. For some reason the police seem to be targetting small plates and race cans at the moment.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks - have you been to many meets yourself? Some guys at work have been talking about some good ones in the London area. It's funny, you start talking about bikes at work (or anywhere) and suddenly loads of people come out of the woodwork, talking and chatting about their bikes!

There's this village close to me called Finchingfield, it's meant to be some quaint little picturesque ye olde english village kind of thing, but it gets descended apon by hundreds of bikers every sunday, i'll have to go down there sometime soon and get some pics to post up here.

·
Registered
995 Posts
enjoy it as much as poss` before the weather closes in,i`v been to plenty of meets,and the police have only used the loud can,small plate excuse, when someone woz takin in piss,scratchin or wheelyin in front of them.my bike woz as illigal as they come,but never picked up any tickets and had some interestin conversations with some of them, :yell

·
Registered
995 Posts
its better,i think,when u take the white transfers off

1 - 11 of 11 Posts