Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just picked up my first street bike on Monday, its a Silver 08 R6. I have put about 80 miles on it so far and its a great bike. Cant wait until its broke in! I been riding dirt bikes all my life and with the recent rise in gas prices I figured it would be a great time to get the first street bike. I also got them to throw in a fender eliminator but they had to order it.

Here is a pic from right before I signed the papers...

·
My R6 ate me
774 Posts
welcome bro great bike congrats ( i got the same one)

·
Registered
249 Posts
I just picked up my first street bike on Monday, its a Silver 08 R6. I have put about 80 miles on it so far and its a great bike. Cant wait until its broke in! I been riding dirt bikes all my life and with the recent rise in gas prices I figured it would be a great time to get the first street bike. I also got them to throw in a fender eliminator but they had to order it.

Here is a pic from right before I signed the papers...
You sound just like me - only Im not gonna be ready to pick mine up for a few more months. I want a silver r6 just like you picked up. I've also been riding dirt bikes but it was mainly in high school and I had to sell mine right before college...

How much did they hit you for? I'm jealous, lol

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You sound just like me - only Im not gonna be ready to pick mine up for a few more months. I want a silver r6 just like you picked up. I've also been riding dirt bikes but it was mainly in high school and I had to sell mine right before college...

How much did they hit you for? I'm jealous, lol
They got me for sticker, but they were the only local dealer that had any R6's left and I had the choice of the black and the silver. All of the other dealers said they would not be recieving anymore until late this year early next year. I was able to get them to throw in a the fender eliminator and a $200 credit for the parts/service department.

·
Registered
249 Posts
They got me for sticker, but they were the only local dealer that had any R6's left and I had the choice of the black and the silver. All of the other dealers said they would not be recieving anymore until late this year early next year. I was able to get them to throw in a the fender eliminator and a $200 credit for the parts/service department.
That's not too bad considering the circumstances, how close are you in relation to L.A.?

**UPDATE**
NM, google mapped it, bay area?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's not too bad considering the circumstances, how close are you in relation to L.A.?
Im about 8hrs north. I am between SF and Sac.

·
R1+5
507 Posts
it's the same bro, just different angle and lighting thats why it looks like his wheels are different, well in this case color of the wheels

·
Registered
249 Posts
it's the same bro, just different angle and lighting thats why it looks like his wheels are different, well in this case color of the wheels
I haven't seen it in person yet - but from another picture I saw the wheels are also a dark silver right?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I haven't seen it in person yet - but from another picture I saw the wheels are also a dark silver right?
They are a drak bronze/green In some light they look more green and other light they look more bronze.

·
R1+5
507 Posts
well in person those wheels are pretty light in color not as dark, and as for dark and silver no they are all that same color for this year anyhow(dark grey/gold), everything else is black

·
Registered
320 Posts
nice bike. good color choice!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts