Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was a glorious day of comfort, the UPS guy showed up twice!

First is the Corbin seat, this is a 2007 R6S, and I ordered the seat for the 2005. Install was a little of a bitch because it's VERY snug, and I had to grab slightly longer bolts at the local hardware store to get the back bolts in. There are two small rubber spacers on the bottom that contact the chassis that have to be compressed, so it's really a two person job getting the seat on at first - one person on bolt duty, and the other pushing down on the seat itself.

I took about a 10 minute cruise with it, and MAN is it 100% more comfortable than the stock seat. The back actually forms a bit of a bowl that coutours to your backside, and the front is raised just a notch above stock. The combination of the two make your normal riding position square on the seat without the tendency to creep up towards the tank. I love it so far, can't wait for it to break in.

Pics:

Next I installed these 3/8" risers from 1tail.com, here:

http://www.1tail.com/sa/p/Yamaha_YZF600-R6_Handlebar_Risers_-_all_years.htm

Install took about 10 minutes. You have to unbolt the brake lever clamp and roll it forward a tiny bit to get the bars off, and when you put it back on because of the short piece of hose between the cable and the reservoir, the reservoir itself is slightly tilted to the left when you hook it back up. As soon as I have a minute I'll replace the hose with one about 1/2" longer and it'll be back upright, but it's a very small lean.

Same 10 minute ride, and I immediately notice a difference. The combo of the seat and the risers changed my riding position quite a bit, as I'm back further in the seat (I had a tendency to crotch-ride the tank) and sitting a little straighter up so it feels more sport-touring than sport. This works for me because I'm a casual rider anyway. Very comfortable difference and I'm looking forward to putting some mlies on 'em.

At $110 they aren't cheap, but install is easy, they fit perfectly and aside from missing the anodized blue of my preload adjusters, you can't even tell they're there. The top cap pops off for adjusing the forks. Can't say either way if they were worth it, but I'll post back up after I get some miles on them.

·
Registered
320 Posts
i like that corbin seat, do they make one for the 08 r6?

·
Just Burnin Time
2,219 Posts
got i wish i could get a seat like that! sexy time for your bunz for sure!

Looks good.

·
I do it for the Chicks.
296 Posts
How much lower are you sitting with that seat? Im debating just shaving mine, or buying a Corbin. I just want a lowered seat.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks man! The seat was just under $300 shipped and took about 3 weeks to get to me. I did 100 miles on it (just got back) and it was absolutely worth every dime. NO soreness at all and it really does put you in a more proper riding position.

How much lower are you sitting with that seat? Im debating just shaving mine, or buying a Corbin. I just want a lowered seat.
Hard to say to be honest as I've only put 900 miles on the bike total, but it feels just a tad lower than stock. Don't quote me on that though - I'm 5'11 and it's just about perfect. I swapped bikes with my buddy's SV650 for a few miles today and the SV feels like riding a dirtbike compared to the R6.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts