Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A couple of quick pics of two "mods" I installed today.

First is this exhaust guard, from Targa.. It fits well, stays in place and I don't even notice it's there. I definitely prefer the look of the exhaust without it, but this is still pretty snazzy looking and absolutely looks better than a pipe covered with rubber and a melted boot.

Next is the lighted plate frame from Tobefast.com, which I ordered on the advice of a few people here. It's awesome. Looks great, is solid cast, fits perfect and comes with allen head bolts. They were out of stock when I ordered, and Tobefast was very good with communication and shipped it to me express mail because of the wait. Cheers to them - great guys to deal with. They even tossed in some stickers.

Both very good products, I just wish the Two Brothers M5 came with a slicker exhaust guard so I didn't need the Targa piece. (I know that exhausts like LeoVinci for example come with a slick carbon one screwed right into the pipe).

Good stuff either way.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hey, nice lookin bike. How hard was it to install the Fender Eliminator kit? Did you have to splice any wires or is it just plug and play?

·
Registered
298 Posts
UPS guy failed, all he had was this shirt I ordered after all the parts. I guess he will be back tomorrow when I work all day.

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
I like that eliminator, looks good. Not crazy for the heel guard, but i understand the function with that exhaust so its all good...Nice bike though, looks clean...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey, nice lookin bike. How hard was it to install the Fender Eliminator kit? Did you have to splice any wires or is it just plug and play?
Had to splice in the wires, but it's really no big deal. The passthrough is a little tight for the stock wires since there are 3 sets (each directional and the plate light) but there is a LOT of slack on the stock wires. I had no problem getting them through and getting heat shrink tubing over all of it. Total install time took about 30 minutes, and that's with me being super-picky about it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
UPS guy failed, all he had was this shirt I ordered after all the parts. I guess he will be back tomorrow when I work all day.
:mad: Bah, that blows man. Nothing worse than waiting on parts. I'm still waiting on a windscreen, seat cowl and a Corbin, I feel your pain. Every time ANY truck drives by my place I dash to the window to see if it's the UPS guy. :nocontrol

·
Registered
569 Posts
:mad: Bah, that blows man. Nothing worse than waiting on parts. I'm still waiting on a windscreen, seat cowl and a Corbin, I feel your pain. Every time ANY truck drives by my place I dash to the window to see if it's the UPS guy. :nocontrol
true that man! im waiting on some sato rearsets. bike looks good though man.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Are you waiting on the puig smoke or dark smoke screen?

Im getting a dark smoke, if your getting a regular smoke im interested in pics, ill take pics of mine for comparison.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Are you waiting on the puig smoke or dark smoke screen?

Im getting a dark smoke, if your getting a regular smoke im interested in pics, ill take pics of mine for comparison.
Regular smoke. I like the look of the dark smoke better, but I plan to commute a bit with my bike, and need to see. I'll definitely post pics once it shows up - should be here by this weekend (hopefully).

·
Registered
208 Posts
If I were to get that lighted plate frame, would I have to mount it where yours is? Do you think there would be any way to mount it lower, and slanted at all? I would rather have my plate mounted down by the rear shock, then at the end of my tail if at all possible...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's just a plate frame, not a hanging bracket, so you just screw it right on top of your plate and whatever it mounts to. You'd have to route the wires up under the seats, but I don't see why it wouldn't be just as easy.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Sounds good, order placed. Thanks for the info CQ

·
Registered
853 Posts
Wow great license plate light. I've just been going without one, but will probably pick that one up to officially be legal. Thanks.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I give a BIG thumbs up to that plate light as well...installed mine last night. It went a little slower than 5 minutes because I wasn't familiar with the wiring, and since there was already an undertail piece there (no light) I had to guess which wires were the right ones, and drill a hole through the undertail piece for the wires. After that, though it went very smooth. The light is WHITE, and very bright. It's a great piece!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts