Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Happy go Lucky Guy
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sticky Throttle help!

Hey Guys,

My throttle stick a little when I allow it to reset all the way back ? (I tend to have a bumpy take off, but then I am a newbie)

Any ideas how I may be able to repair my sticky throttle situation ?

2006-2007 owners what rpm range do you usually shift for steady speed ?

Thanks Guys,

·
Draggin knee's
969 Posts
Normal cruising: i shift in between about 6-8000rpm

As for the sticking of the throttle: No... never had this issue. U should get that fix'd asap. Maybe some new grips might help

·
Happy go Lucky Guy
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Normal cruising: i shift in between about 6-8000rpm

As for the sticking of the throttle: No... never had this issue. U should get that fix'd asap. Maybe some new grips might help
got it, i tend to shift around 4-5k, does that also include first gear ?
Thanks

(looks like I need to check my throttle problem as it is not smooth at all when it resets back.)

·
Draggin knee's
969 Posts
got it, i tend to shift around 4-5k, does that also include first gear ?
Thanks

(looks like I need to check my throttle problem as it is not smooth at all when it resets back.)
Yea, pretty much. Im always shifting around the same spot unless im giving her hell. U can shift at ANY spot in your rpms and it will be safe. As long as ur pullin in the clutch an ur not going over the red line an letting it rev out the engine ur fine.

If your up at about 12-13000rpm+ an wanna power shift without the clutch its also pretty safe to do so. But ONLY at the higher rpm. Never do it under low rpm. And ALWAYS down shift with the clutch

·
Happy go Lucky Guy
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Yea, pretty much. Im always shifting around the same spot unless im giving her hell. U can shift at ANY spot in your rpms and it will be safe. As long as ur pullin in the clutch an ur not going over the red line an letting it rev out the engine ur fine.

If your up at about 12-13000rpm+ an wanna power shift without the clutch its also pretty safe to do so. But ONLY at the higher rpm. Never do it under low rpm. And ALWAYS down shift with the clutch
very helpful advise, Thank you

Do you pull the clutch all the way in when your about to shift and downshift ?

·
Draggin knee's
969 Posts
very helpful advise, Thank you

Do you pull the clutch all the way in when your about to shift and downshift ?
Depends how tight u have your clutch set. Mines pretty loose so i only gotta pull it in half way for the clutch to disengage.

·
Draggin knee's
969 Posts
As long as its a smooth transition from gear to gear ur doing fine. Its basic riding really

·
Happy go Lucky Guy
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Depends how tight u have your clutch set. Mines pretty loose so i only gotta pull it in half way for the clutch to disengage.
oh okay, mine is in its stock configuration, any idea how I might go about repairing my throttle problem ? I read about lubing with WD40 etc..

Thanks for your feedback HBHarrison!

·
Draggin knee's
969 Posts
oh okay, mine is in its stock configuration, any idea how I might go about repairing my throttle problem ? I read about lubing with WD40 etc..

Thanks for your feedback HBHarrison!
Anytime dude...

Lube your Throttle cable. Never done it myself but im pretty sure that would help.

Try this...http://www.protectall.com/cable_life.htm

·
Happy go Lucky Guy
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Great, Ill give it a shot.

Thanks once again!

·
Just Burnin Time
2,219 Posts
You can shift without the clutch at any RPM and you can EASILY downshift without the clutch. I only use my clutch when i am simply cruising... Other than that, WOT and no clutch for me...

·
Hey Guy
5,290 Posts
^^^ i agree. I almost never use my clutch. only in first gear, and when coming to a stop.
To shift without the clutch, just apply a little pressure to the shifter and let off the throttle a little and it will shift. If you're cruising, you dont even really have to let off the throttle.
I usually shift around 4-5000 rpm on the street.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts