Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I think Im done with most of my mods on my bike heres some pics of the different stages.....The first two is when I first got it

xenons

seat cover and seat cowl combo

both seat covers

powder coated rims (the color is a little off but it doesnt look as bad in person)

powder coated rearsets, passenger pegs, brake and clutch levers, and graves megaphone exhaust...the pipe got too hot and the powder coat started flaking off where it connects to the mid..so the shop that did it for me agreed to ceramic coat it for free.

tag relocater

Hope you guys liked it...I tried to copy devins 50th aniversery, however i got a yellow chain guard but becuase the rims are brigther than the bike it made the rims look not matching....also the rims are only powdercoated on the lip and the spokes are still black, I plan on getting some black rim tape though, I thought that would really set the rims off....Also I have a gpr damper in the mail becuase i got screwed on the scotts one i bought off ebay....What else could I do to make my bike look better?

Also I want to sell my seat cowl becuase I like the seat cover look better than the cowl...Im asking 80 shipped...I used it for like a week befor i got my seat covers in...

·
Phi Phi K A
823 Posts
I know you probably spent a lot of time and money on it, but IMHO it doesn't look good. The seats look sloppy, the color of the wheels are off, the pipe looks cheap now, and those mirros......not good. Also, look at your rear tire bro, it looks like you only ride the damn thing a couple miles a day and there are no turns in between. Go out and ride the bike the way it is supposed to be ridden. Shit, it's an 06 and you still got the stock tires on it.

Sorry, I am not trying to be mean, just trying to be honest.

·
Im Sofa King We Todd Did?
840 Posts
we understand your not trying to be mean but your sounding like a little whinny b!&*h IMO.

·
I like bbq sauce on my R6
2,146 Posts
Love it all excluding the wheels. If you can't color match, you shouldn't do it at all.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Bike looks great. :D

·
2003 R6
691 Posts
I know you probably spent a lot of time and money on it, but IMHO it doesn't look good. The seats look sloppy, the color of the wheels are off, the pipe looks cheap now, and those mirros......not good. Also, look at your rear tire bro, it looks like you only ride the damn thing a couple miles a day and there are no turns in between. Go out and ride the bike the way it is supposed to be ridden. Shit, it's an 06 and you still got the stock tires on it.

I don't know why you say the seats look sloppy because they don't. And he said the shop was going to fix his exhaust. If someone is trying so show show there bike off and you don't like it don't post. Theres a difference between constructive criticism and being a dick.

·
RACE READY MODE
207 Posts
I think bike looks great. "A" for effort. The wheel does look off little bit in the picture. It looks like you lower the bike? How you like it lowered? I also like the seat cover. But i keep the seat cowl if i was you. It looks better with it. IMO

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well Nolman, I'm sorry that my bike isn't up to your standards. Like I said the pipe is being ceramic coated, and my STOCK tires were part of the deal when I bought my bike, they gave me a brand new free set...Now why would I spend 200 to 400 dollars on different tires when i got a free set??? Now as far as not riding it as much as YOU would like me too, I have a full time job running my stores where a bike isn't practical (i cant carry 10 boxes of cigarettes on the back of my bike) and I much prefer my 545 and Toureg when it comes to long journeys. The mirrors i have on their make me more visible at night time and you can see a hell of a lot more out of those than the stock ones. And the seats were professionally done and there anything but sloppy...probably the only complaint that you have valid is the rim colors which I had no control over as I wasn't the one doing it.

Bluroket my bike came lowered, and its kinda good for me because Im 5'7, but i raised it back up to stock yesterday and added my damper and the bike drives about 284% better, its a whole lot smoother, and I dont feel all the vibrations in the handlebars from befor..I dont know if that came from my bike being lowered or if its not as bad becuase of the steering damper though.

·
Registered
458 Posts
vibration prolly came from both cloudlock

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ya thats what I was thinking bro...My buddy bought an 05 R1 up in Austin which is 5 hours away from us, and we drove up their and I rode it half way back for him and it felt so smooth in comparison to my 6(the whole time i was thinking maybe i should trade my 6 in for a r1) ... Is it because his wasn't lowered and it had a steering damper..it still feels smoother than my 6....you can see it in the 8th picture in the back..

·
MACGYVER 05 R6 NJ
4,033 Posts
I like the contrast. I may do the with rims on mine. I have the same problem with my down pipe so I am just going to wrap it in black fiberglass wrap. I have the same mirros but I did custom mount them using the stock mirror brackets and epoxied them so the mirror dosent move when riding. It looks more stock.

Attachments

·
Banned
441 Posts

Yes because you know this how? Maybe thats just what he likes. Your retarded.

·
My R6 eats yours!!!
369 Posts

Sorry, I am not trying to be mean, just trying to be honest.[/QUOTE

Its funny how there is always one dick that has to post. You talk to him about riding like your a circuit riding pro.

Bike looks good bro love the yellow.

·
Ride It Like It's Stolen!
1,171 Posts
Hey when you post of pics of your bike you have to know not everyone's gonna like it. You have to take the good with the bad. Personally that's my favorite year/color R6...not a huge fan of the yellow rims (but like you said it probably looks good in person). I have quite a few people tell me to my face they hate the cherry red color. (why im not sure...whats not to like about it?) Anyways kudos on your bike man. Looks good. I like it better with the seat cowl also.

·
Who eats a motorcycle?
3,096 Posts
too many different shades of yellow for my tastes

1 - 20 of 27 Posts