Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i hit a swarm of bees of friday doing about a 150 mph into turn 8 at willow springs...like an idiot, i see a black wall coming at me, so i come out of the bubble for a better look..this is what happened...

·
Bacon is extra!
494 Posts
Crack-a-lack!!! Good pics.

Man, that is a sweet helmet. Get it, bees, honey, helmet? Hah.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
I'm glad thats all that happened. Thankfully you didn't end up with a suit full of them stinging there way around at that speed!

·
Registered
170 Posts
I agree with penfold. I can't imagine getting a live pissed off bee stuck inside my bucket.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Damn bro...was it loud as hell when each one nailed your lid?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Nice pics, glad you are okay.

Lucky they didn't get up under your lid. I got stung by a few wasps when I was taking an exit with my shield up. Face was nice and fat after that.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
EEEwwww nice.

I had a bumble bee get up inside my helmet somehow last year!!! I saw a big blur out of the corner of my eye, then it was walking around on the inside of the lens! I freaked big time at first, then just opened up my shield and tipped my head up and it got sucked right out thankfully.

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
ahhh ive had worse. went through a pile of june bugs on the way home one night. damn those things are messy when they hit your helmet. but i wasnt going 150 either so im sure yours was a bit more scary. glad to here you didnt get messed up in it though :cheers

·
Registered
180 Posts
Holy crap, good thing you kept 'er on two wheels !!

I was riding on the street a couple years ago, had my visor up and got a bee in my lid. It was crawling around my ear before it got me. People behind me must have thought I'd gone nuts. All of a sudden I start bashing the side of my helmet with my hand trying to kill the bee...

Had to stop and go for a :drink

1 - 20 of 20 Posts