Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i have my tragus & industrial pierced and find it really difficult to wear my helmet, especially when taking it on and off. does anyone else have piercings that can offer any advise on how to avoid so much irritation & discomfort w/out taking the piercings out?

·
Registered
58 Posts
my ear piercings are damn annoying everytime i put on and take off my helmet, especially taking it off. they even fall out sometimes.

·
iRun
33,317 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts

·
Batman wants my bike...
2,797 Posts
the only thing your can really do is either try to find the smallest possible studs or just take em out during riding season.

·
nutz on yo chin
138 Posts
i have 7/8" plugs on all the time and they dont bother me when putting on/off helmet.....

i stick my thumbs where my earlobes would pass and just open that section of the neck roll up..

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ive got some pretty significant piercings (tragus & some 10g) and agree with the helmet removal especially...

If you put on a head sock aka balaclava http://www.ridersdiscount.com/street-gear/protection-adult/105676.php?gclid=CLTG18jfwaYCFRRKgwodvm9KIw

<---thats what I rock, it really does work for helmet removal with large piercings :fact...try it...
i'm gonna buy that tomorrow! thanks :)
only problem with this is it's gonna seriously F-up my hair, but oh well, worth a shot! :cheers

1 - 20 of 25 Posts