Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
I like cake!
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have seen them on bikes and I actually like the look of them. The main concern is will I actually be able to see behind me? Or are they just to show that you have mirrors for legal reasons? If anyone with experience of these mirrors could possible tell me what they think of the rear viability I would be very grateful.

Thanks
Dan

·
I like cake!
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers, I done a bit of reading and folks are saying they cant see anything. I wanted some mirrors that look better than stock as I am not a massive fan of stock mirrors. I also am not much of a fan of bar end mirrors. Picky sod I know! Just want something different that is half practical, Probably don't exist!

Thanks again
Dan

·
I like cake!
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I presume it is, they are just big enough to spot "pigs" police. From what i can work out anyway :)

·
Mario J's Apple Juice
8,180 Posts
I presume it is, they are just big enough to spot "pigs" police. From what i can work out anyway :)
They only work when you're tucked in to the windscreen, which means you're most likely hauling a** so you can see the pigs behind you chasing you.

·
nova r6
3,228 Posts
totally worthless and you have to use tapping screws to install them and some cases through your plastics

if your looking for some good looking mirrors check the roaring toys universal mirrors they come in chrome, black, black to blue, black to red,

http://www.roaringtoyz.com/parts_mirrors.html

·
I'd Flip it :popcorn:
16,745 Posts
totally worthless and you have to use tapping screws to install them and some cases through your plastics

if your looking for some good looking mirrors check the roaring toys universal mirrors they come in chrome, black, black to blue, black to red,

http://www.roaringtoyz.com/parts_mirrors.html
true pigspotters use a mounting bracket that goes where the stock mirrors go..

·
My R6 eats Chuck Norris
2,407 Posts
Fwiw... i love mine... if i really want to see behind me... I look behind me.

When tucked, they show blind spots, and they look great all the time...

worthless as a mirror riding upright, tho...

·
Living 1/4 mile at a time
1,143 Posts
I have them... I can see my arms perfectly... :sing

·
Le Troll
3,335 Posts
Jeez, I think these things are so ugly. Its like part of the Busa Modding Handbook for ghetto people:
1. Drop 3 in., extend swingarm 6 feet to rear, get 3 foot wide tire.
2. Gaudy paint job. (make sure to paint over windscreen rendering it useless)
3. Gator skin seat
4. CHROME. EVERYWHERE. Like a chopper and a supersport had a love child.
5. Add prostitute to rear seat, make sure to expose thong straps.
6. Dont forget the pig spotters!

You did it!

·
I like cake!
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I bit the bullet and won a pair off Ebay. Only £10 so not really anything to loose, if I don't like them, then I will just sell again on Ebay and revert back to using my stock ones. Hopefully be able to have them fitted by next week to test them.

Thanks for the advice and input
Dan

·
10 years owner's club
658 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
rimzoma makes awesome looking mirrors but they're a little pricy

·
I like cake!
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
rimzoma makes awesome looking mirrors but they're a little pricy
Yea i was looking into them also, but when i seen the price i nearly fell off my chair lol, reverted back to stock mirrors as of now, unsure what path to take with mirrors, looking into bar end mirrors but cant bite the bullet
:bash

1 - 20 of 23 Posts