Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Pilot Power?

3K views 24 replies 14 participants last post by  '01R6 
#1 ·
My fookin tire got a hole in it.

Has anyone used the new Pilot Power tires.

I think Im puttin a 180 on either way, but I cant decide between the Pilot Power and the Diablo Corsa.

I know the Pirellis are good, any words on the Michellin?

#5 ·
i've always been a diablo/corsa man, but since my mate bought ten pairs of pilot powers on the cheap and sold me a set, i'v been hooked, they are truly amazing. That said i'v turned my bike into a trackbike so have only tried them on the track, but other friends have said they work just as good on th road. ur not gonna go wrong with either set mate.

#7 ·
My buddy has a set of Michelin Pilots on his sv1000 and they are actually wearing pretty strong. He has about 3000 miles on them now and they still have about 50% tread. We hit the canyons and twisties pretty hard and he has never slipped or felt uncomfortable and his tires have no chicken strips. He is trying to wear them out so he can get some Super Corsas, but they aren't wearing as fast as he thought!

#11 ·
ya i like it a lot.

plus, getting rid of the 190 tire for a 180...what a difference!! i am up on the rails now after like 100 miles breaking it in...on the 190 i always had that little 1/4" chicken strip that wouldnt go away. plus it handles so light now.

it is my R6 all over again. for anyone with a literbike rollin a 190...ditch it for a 180, you wont miss it

#12 ·
jasamb said:
for anyone with a literbike rollin a 190...ditch it for a 180, you wont miss it

ROFLMFAO , No doubt , 190's are for choppers, 180's are where it's at ......

I gotta screw in my dun's (stock crap tires) I'm gonna get a set of the pilot powers (front 120/70 , Rear 180/55 on a o5r6 and I figure if there good enought for Rossi YEA! then they'll work just fine for my street ridin' chickin strip ass :twisted:

#14 ·
Aye !!! 3 years on my last bike No flats at all in over 30k miles , and now my new 05r6 is 2 weeks old and only has 850 TOTAL miles and the rear gotta screw in it , FAWK !!!

ps Fix-a-flat sucks !!! don't ever use that crap , it even says not to be used in motorcycle tires , uh I had no choice at the time ........... thank God for my f150 , My bike hauls ass , and my truck hauls bikes LOL !!!

#20 ·
I got mine put on last week, Somehow I picked up a nail in my front tire so the Dunlops had to go.

Speaking of Nails in tires, some crazy Vietnam Veteran was throwing nails out on the road in front of his house because he thought he was still in the war or something.

When the police went to check it out, they had to check to see if the yard had landmines in it.

Pretty crazy, huh?

#22 ·
mrsenortyler said:
I got mine put on last week, Somehow I picked up a nail in my front tire so the Dunlops had to go.

Speaking of Nails in tires, some crazy Vietnam Veteran was throwing nails out on the road in front of his house because he thought he was still in the war or something.

When the police went to check it out, they had to check to see if the yard had landmines in it.

Pretty crazy, huh?
:hammer
that's funnie last year a drunken hick thought my buddies we're racing on a road a ways from the drunken hicks house, when they we're just doing wheelies back and forth, then when they went to leave, the drunken hick threw a 4x4 out in front of my buddy doing 130mph, best part, he didn't wreck. Cops were called and the hick got busted big time, nothing happened to my buddies.

#23 ·
z31maniac said:
The guy at the shop told me they should be able to last 5000-6000 miles because they're dual-compound, with the harder rubber in the middle and softer on the sides.
I never believe anything "the guy at the shop" tells me. I have never got more than 4000 out of a back tire and I am a rookie. I don't rape it in the straights and barely get on it in the curves and 3000 tops for any back tire. I get more out of the front and that is only if I am not hard on the brakes. I have run the factory dunlops 208's and hated them. next were pirelli diablos and M1 Sportecs. both of those were sweet and now I am about to put on some Michelin Pilot Powers and they already seem better than the pirelli/metzeler I will let you know after I run them.

I would love it if I could get that many miles out of a back tire but I don't.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.