Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a new set of Diablo Rossi tires. When the rear tire was being mounted, apparently a chunk of the inner core fell out. The guy who was working on my bike swears it wasn't his doing (He's rebuilt everything for me and I trust him - plus he uses a $6000 tire machine to mount/balance) and the guy I bought them from says he won't replace it because it won't be under warranty as it appears to be a mounting mistake. Any suggestions on what to do? i don't want to spend another 100+ dollars on a new rear tire when I just bought a new tire. Somebody's got to be at fault here.

Thanks.

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
Just bought a new set of Diablo Rossi tires. When the rear tire was being mounted, apparently a chunk of the inner core fell out. The guy who was working on my bike swears it wasn't his doing (He's rebuilt everything for me and I trust him - plus he uses a $6000 tire machine to mount/balance) and the guy I bought them from says he won't replace it because it won't be under warranty as it appears to be a mounting mistake. Any suggestions on what to do? i don't want to spend another 100+ dollars on a new rear tire when I just bought a new tire. Somebody's got to be at fault here.

Thanks.
Have the dude with the tire machine call the place you bought it from. If they can't work something out you're beat. Buy a new tire.

The dude who mounted it is at fault since it left the place you bought it in good condition. Maybe if you cry to the dude who mounted it, he will mount the next one for free or something.

·
Banned
7,347 Posts
that dude needs to man up and replace it for you.
and how big is the chunk?
if it didn't tear the cords in the bead it might be fine.
my buddy did that to one of his tires and it held air just fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts