Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it's time to replace my rear tire since the belts finally broke the surface :sing

I bought my bike with a new front tire (Pirelli Diablo CIII's [It doesn't say Corsa III on the tire, but the tread matches it on Pirelli's website]) which has about 1500 miles on it (PLENTY of tread left). I want to stick with Pirelli for the rear tire but don't know which one to go for?

The life of this new tire will almost surely not see any track days, and about a 50/50 split of highway commuting and spirited back road riding. I'm not gonna skimp on cost because I know it's a big safety investment, but I can't afford to eat up tires in 2k miles with my riding style at this point!

Should I go Corsa III's, Strada's, or Rosso's?

·
Deep Thinker
927 Posts
I personally would match the front tire with another Corsa III. It would bother me knowing that the front and rear tires are different.

·
iCrash
1,912 Posts
u have a regular diablo on the front.
the corsa 3 has a small orange CORSA III sticker on the sidewall as well as Diablo Corsa III printed on the sidewall in big letters.

the regular diablo and the 3 share the same tread pattern.

DC3s fr/rr would be my suggestion.
otherwise just throw a diablo on the back for now.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
u have a regular diablo on the front.
the corsa 3 has a small orange CORSA III sticker on the sidewall as well as Diablo Corsa III printed on the sidewall in big letters.

the regular diablo and the 3 share the same tread pattern.

DC3s fr/rr would be my suggestion.
otherwise just throw a diablo on the back for now.
I can't seem to find any place that carries a regular diablo online? Am I blind or something?

·
Intermediate Knee Dragger
1,309 Posts
Yes, they are. And you'll be fine mixing the tires as well. I do it all the time and have never had a single problem in over 50,000 miles on bikes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts