Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i just bought a 2008 r6. Was doing a 600 mile break in oil change and while was at it decided to check the tires. Needless to say this is what i found.

Somewhere a nail got stuck in the tire right between the tread. Now what would be my best opitions.
1)Patch the tire
2)Get the a brand new tire.
3)Go to the dealer and see if they will throw in a tire just because of the trouble??

I just bought the bike and already dont want to buy a new tire. Although i know that this is a common thing that happens just need some input.

·
Registered
206 Posts
agreed dont patch ur skin is worth more

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
:( sorry to hear about that man:(

Never had it happen to me and I hope I never do but from what I hear it's just best to replace it than roll w/ a patch that could potentially come loose...:(

·
I like ice cream!
1,350 Posts
Welcome to the forum dude! On a side note, suck it up and get a new tire. I know it sucks but your dealer won't do anything for you either. They didn't run over the nail. lol

You could patch the tire but I wouldn't suggest it.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
I would replace it, it sucks but I've been there. On my last 600RR I had a new rear tire and put less than 60 miles on it before getting a nail through the sidewall.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah thanks guys for the input. i was leading mostly to a new tire anyways. Seem that my yamaha is giving me a discount on a new tire since i just bought the bike like a week and a half ago. They are cool about it. I will keep the old and just patch it just for a back up tire. Unless someone wants to buy it that would be cool too. Removed the rear rim tonight and have it fixed in the morning. Thanks for the help..

·
fun and informative
560 Posts
yeah id just replace it

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
already got a new tire it was put on sat. put the 300 miles on it already lol. riding like a champ thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts