Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2012 R6
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious as to any mounting options people have come up with. I am thinking of fabing up a windscreen mount on the inside? Thoughts would be appreciated

·
Registered
110 Posts
Really depends on what you're carrying. I have been wondering about this though. I can't conceal carry and I think appendix carry would suck anyways. Full size Glock in a Serpa?

·
Registered
2012 R6
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am thinking of just using some fiberglass to attach a holster to the underside of the windscreen. I carry a Springfield compact .45 as my edc weapon.

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
this cant be serious? What happens if you eject or seperate from the bike? Do you ride in really dangerous areas?
Why not wear an XXXXL Members only jacket over your gear and shoulder holster?? For added speed of retrieval make one side of the zipper velco attached...hehe

·
Registered
52 Posts
If you are going to fiberglass to the windshield, just make a fiberglass windshield replacement instead. I guess I'm not sure how good a bond you would get to the windshield, but maybe it would be OK. Serpa on the hip seems like less trouble. You aren't going to do much with decent riding gloves on anyway.

·
Registered
2015 Yamaha YZF R6
3 Posts
I conceal carry my H&K VP9 on my side, almost towards the back... It's just barely covered by jacket so if I ever went down, it's not going to take an impact. (I can verify this, unfortunately)

Never leave home without it...

I can't honestly think of anywhere to reasonably mount one... I wouldn't do it, just my $.02

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts