Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my first tire change was this weekend (on the R6). I have a forward handle pit bull stand. I realized the stand cups for the spools cover the axle. Had to loosen off the stand, insert tire, then tighten off the stand. That's ridiculous. Anyone else have the issue? I suppose I can cut the cups, but then stability might be compromised.

Pit Bull is awesome, so this surprised me. Anyone have any other solutions?

·
"The Dude abides .. "
4,719 Posts
So, my first tire change was this weekend (on the R6). I have a forward handle pit bull stand. I realized the stand cups for the spools cover the axle. Had to loosen off the stand, insert tire, then tighten off the stand. That's ridiculous. Anyone else have the issue? I suppose I can cut the cups, but then stability might be compromised.

Pit Bull is awesome, so this surprised me. Anyone have any other solutions?
ya need to post a photo.. been using pit bull stand for 10 years and have no idea why you would have that issue.

·
Reads the rulez
2,241 Posts
Another positive reason to use the headlift stands over the forklift.
Which has exactly jack shit to do with the OP's problem at hand. :bowroll

·
My R6 loves me
321 Posts
Well, I feel a little better as I'm not the only one. :lmao

There is no easy solution, beyond what you already did, unless you want to either get a rear lift pit or new axle blocks w/ sliders.

The axle blocks are fairly common, I have r&g for example. Driven also makes a set that the STG was pimpin for some time as well.

Attachments

·
Reads the rulez
2,241 Posts
Odd...I've never seen that problem.

·
Ask a Doc Super Mod!
697 Posts
Agree with Melka. Need pics. I suspect you may have it positioned wrong. Doing this for as long as I can remember and never seen you have to take bike off the stand to tighten anything.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I reversed the cups, but it didn't matter. There's only one way it can be positioned, on the spools. I'll try to get a pic.; thanks for the responses.

·
"The Dude abides .. "
4,719 Posts
Well, I feel a little better as I'm not the only one. :lmao

There is no easy solution, beyond what you already did, unless you want to either get a rear lift pit or new axle blocks w/ sliders.

The axle blocks are fairly common, I have r&g for example. Driven also makes a set that the STG was pimpin for some time as well.
in this case, ya just need to space that nut out some as you point out .. i don't know what brand of adjusters those are, but they are not stock, and are likely causing the problem the OP has. With stock axle adjuster blocks, there should not be a problem.

not sure if this will help, but i reverse my axle. I want the axle to push in on the brake side.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Now picture those pics w the stand directly in front of the axle. Stock chain and sprocket, only 1k on the bike. Didn't get home from work until late, I'll get a pick tonight.

Spoke to Pit Bull, and they'll take care of me. They always do; simply one of the best companies in MCs today. No reason to buy any other stands, ever, esp. the red direct copies, made in China.

·
Reads the rulez
2,241 Posts
Now picture those pics w the stand directly in front of the axle. Stock chain and sprocket, only 1k on the bike. Didn't get home from work until late, I'll get a pick tonight.

Spoke to Pit Bull, and they'll take care of me. They always do; simply one of the best companies in MCs today. No reason to buy any other stands, ever, esp. the red direct copies, made in China.
Agree 100%!

·
nom nom nom nom nom nom
1,251 Posts
That's good to know. I'll have to shoot them an email. I love the forward handled rear stand, no issues if I wasn't changing a tire. I have a half dozen pitbull stands so I just used a rear handled one. I did have to adjust the plates up more on the forward handled one when I went to a 180/60 since the bar going under the tire didn't clear. It's nice to have adjustability and nice to know they stand behind their products.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts