Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I like blue
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased and received the steering stem pin I ordered from the Pit Bull website. The reference chart for selecting the correct pin and browsing the web says I should have purchased the 8S pin.

I have the pin and when installed in the lift stand, the horizontal arm hits the brake line block. So, when lifting the bike with the 8S pin, there is a lot of pressure on the brake lines. I would guess doing this for a while would bend or crimp the steel leads coming off of the brake block/manifold/splitter whatever you want to call it.

I need a taller pin so that this does not happen.

Has anyone encountered this before, if so what pin did you go with?

·
Just Burnin Time
2,219 Posts
i had that problem. It was resting on the brakes and the horn.

Call pitbull, they will take care of you. They sent me a 8t and a 8 pin as well as a red boot to replace my chewed up one all for free.

Customer service second to none down there with those guys.

·
I like blue
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks for responding.

I have been in touch with them and they have ben very helpful so far. When I spoke with them, we thought it would be helpful to call when I am looking at the bike and the stand/lift. Unfortunately, I don't get home until after they are closed for the day.

I did take some pictures of the bracket, brake splitter, horn, and steering stem area to give them a better idea of what I was looking at.

I was just trying to figure out if I ordered the #8S by mistake or if there is a better pin for the 2008.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Can you loosen the brake lines bracket? I had similar problem with my 02R1. The pin #8 was for my 99R1. It is a simple removal of two bolts and move the brake lines bracket aside.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts