Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i used my pitbull newfront stand today, it was hitting a circular piece, is that the horn? all one of the brake cables is in the way, i moved it on the side, but seemed like it was kinda tight.

should i be worried about the circular piece hitting the stand when mounted?

·
Banned
7,347 Posts
are those pics of it actually holding the bike up?

I know a front stand like that looks like it's never going to work and once it's all the way up it's all good. lol

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
are those pics of it actually holding the bike up?

I know a front stand like that looks like it's never going to work and once it's all the way up it's all good. lol
yes, that is with the stand holding it up in place.

it should be ok..

haha. alright, thanks! i'm hoping so. i was worried about the cable too, cause i moved it and it got tighter cause the stand is in the way. but i think it should be ok too.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
make sure you have the right pin for the stand as well. i believe it's a number 8. as long as its just touching and not holding the bike up by the horn you should be ok.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I have been wondering how this style of stand works....... Can you post up a pic of where the weight of the bike is actually contacting the stand? I want to buy one but I looked under the front of my bike and have no idea where the stand should rest or what it should connect to.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Looks like a washer on the pin would give you enough clearance to make it clear the horn.

·
Go Ahead
2,705 Posts
I have been wondering how this style of stand works....... Can you post up a pic of where the weight of the bike is actually contacting the stand? I want to buy one but I looked under the front of my bike and have no idea where the stand should rest or what it should connect to.
Lower triple tree has a hole in it, the pitbull stand has interchangeable pins for different bikes that fit in designated holes.

-Ant.

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i got the right pin, bought it at cycle gear, it is pin number 8S...the older R6 before 2006, are just number 8. i was just afraid if the horn was gonna snap or break something else.

do you guys think i should buy the pitbull spools? i currently have some other ones on my bike, there just silver i think.

·
Go Ahead
2,705 Posts
i got the right pin, bought it at cycle gear, it is pin number 8S...the older R6 before 2006, are just number 8. i was just afraid if the horn was gonna snap or break something else.

do you guys think i should buy the pitbull spools? i currently have some other ones on my bike, there just silver i think.
nann, your horn has a little flex to it, so it'll be ok.

Like Chief said, spools are spools. personally I think those Cycle gear ones are cheap and ugly. I have shogun, a little larger but will act like a little slider for the swing arm. (Full shogun frame slider kit on my bike)

-Ant.

·
Living between the cars
8,630 Posts
I have the same stand and mine does not hit my horn. One thing i can say is make sure you have the pin fully seated in the triple tree. You will know its not seated properly because the load on the stand will be greater than if it were seated completely. If it feels really resistant while lifting your not seated fully.
here are just a few pics so you can see front/side view. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Can anyone post up a pic of this hole that the pin goes in please

·
Registered
81 Posts
I just recieved my Pitbull stand today. I am also having a problem of the stand hitting my horn and front brake banjo. I have a #8S pin and that is the pin number the Pitbull site shows for my bike.

What did you end up doing to fix this issue stg313?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts