Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the pics from a 07 r6r will fit an 04 r6? i know the part numbers are different but from what i could measure the inside diameter of the axle is the same. any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Stunt Rider
7,950 Posts
The R pins are smaller than the S pins.

·
Reads the rulez
2,247 Posts
The R pins are smaller than the S pins.
Negative, ghost rider.

The '03-'05 R6 pins take #F0075C-000, and the '06+ take #F0075F-000.

"Well they look so similar in part numbers!"

There's a reason for that. The diameters of the pins are the same. The difference lies in the length of the pins themselves. There is a .3" length difference between the two (Swingarms are different widths)

The "F" pins are made for a 12.6" axle. The 03-05's are only 12.3". You can use the '06+ pins in the '03-05's, but you'll have a little more "slop" than normal. It's definitely something to be cognoscente of if your trailer layout doesn't leave much room to spare.

·
Stunt Rider
7,950 Posts
Negative, ghost rider.

The '03-'05 R6 pins take #F0075C-000, and the '06+ take #F0075F-000.

"Well they look so similar in part numbers!"

There's a reason for that. The diameters of the pins are the same. The difference lies in the length of the pins themselves. There is a .3" length difference between the two (Swingarms are different widths)

The "F" pins are made for a 12.6" axle. The 03-05's are only 12.3". You can use the '06+ pins in the '03-05's, but you'll have a little more "slop" than normal. It's definitely something to be cognoscente of if your trailer layout doesn't leave much room to spare.
Ooo. Yes you are correct amigo. I do recall the difference now.:bow

·
Reads the rulez
2,247 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.