Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
very nice. that must have been fun to do a trackday at COTA.

just curious, how much do they charge for a trackday at COTA and do they have any noise restriction like they do at Laguna?

·
Premium Member
35,476 Posts
Nice! I'm Sherm, the guy Cody tagged on Facebook that makes an appearance. Nice pass on Quan, by the way :D

very nice. that must have been fun to do a trackday at COTA.

just curious, how much do they charge for a trackday at COTA and do they have any noise restriction like they do at Laguna?
It was $485/day and zero noise restrictions.

·
My R6 eats everything.
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice! I'm Sherm, the guy Cody tagged on Facebook that makes an appearance. Nice pass on Quan, by the way :D

Sherm is right, no noise restrictions. (Good thing for all the Superleggeras that were there!)

And thanks on that pass. It was actually a pretty poor decision given that it ended up trapping me in the middle of that group.

·
Premium Member
35,476 Posts
Sherm is right, no noise restrictions. (Good thing for all the Superleggeras that were there!)

And thanks on that pass. It was actually a pretty poor decision given that it ended up trapping me in the middle of that group.
Level 2 was pretty sketchy and skill level was really sporadic.

·
Reads the rulez
2,252 Posts

:throwup:throwup:throwup

·
Reads the rulez
2,252 Posts
I've noticed this a lot of track day orgs. But what is with the coaches not doing anything? They are seemingly just riding around, they never look back, and they never really follow any of the riders. So what the hell are they doing?

·
Premium Member
35,476 Posts
I've noticed this a lot of track day orgs. But what is with the coaches not doing anything? They are seemingly just riding around, they never look back, and they never really follow any of the riders. So what the hell are they doing?

In level 3, they are considered "control riders", which essentially police the level and make sure no one is being irresponsible.

In level 2 and 1, instructors work with students assigned to them if the students choose so. If no students need work, instructors become control riders, so to speak.

·
My R6 eats everything.
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This was the last session of the day, and Cody and I had worked with all of the students that wanted observation, and many other students had already packed up for the day. babymilo36 is right that in such a case the instructors go out to keep an eye on things, demonstrate proper lines and passes to students, and have a little fun. As for looking back, there wasn't a whole lot going on behind us...

FWIW, there's another instructor around the 11:30 mark that is following students to observe them. We often will switch between following and leading a student within the same session so that we can demonstrate particular techniques.

·
Mr. HER6
2,084 Posts
Holy crap that back straight is looooong! Looks like a ton of fun, but I don't think I could ever shell out that much for track fees. :eek:

·
Reads the rulez
2,252 Posts
In level 3, they are considered "control riders", which essentially police the level and make sure no one is being irresponsible.

In level 2 and 1, instructors work with students assigned to them if the students choose so. If no students need work, instructors become control riders, so to speak.
So...basically if you're level 3, you're SOL if you want advice? What's level 3? The fast group? As you can tell, I have no experience with these gypsie track day orgs that feel the need to conceal the groups by levels or colors. :bowroll

·
My R6 eats everything.
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So...basically if you're level 3, you're SOL if you want advice? What's level 3? The fast group? As you can tell, I have no experience with these gypsie track day orgs that feel the need to conceal the groups by levels or colors. :bowroll
The L3 group is intended for advanced riders and racers that can largely critique themselves. Ridesmart sometimes offers an Advanced Riding Course for L3 students that might be new to the level or the track, taught by expert racers. The ARC is limited to only a few students so that they can get very close observation and feedback. The instructors film the track sessions and spend most of the classroom time going over the students' riding.

·
Premium Member
30,463 Posts
and i wouldn't call ridesmart a gypsy org. they're the largest and most organized - and most well respected among track owners - in the state. i know, b/c i used to instruct for them.

and damn cody, your lines were ugly as shit compared to zach's. lol.

·
Jesus Reigns
4,400 Posts

yeah im ok..

·
Registered
3 Posts
and i wouldn't call ridesmart a gypsy org. they're the largest and most organized - and most well respected among track owners - in the state. i know, b/c i used to instruct for them.

and damn cody, your lines were ugly as shit compared to zach's. lol.
How would you know, you've never even rode there?

and zach doesn't have a cool picture like this one:

:D

-Cody

1 - 20 of 26 Posts