Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.k. So I need anyones opinion Just the other day i went for a ride on the bike came home went inside for a little while and came back out to start it to put it inside ..Well i get on the bike and turn the ignition to on ,Everything is fine the lights come on and everything is good.i go to hit the ignition button and everything cuts off!it started to turn over for like a second and then everything shut down i took my thumb off the ignition button and just the neutral light came back on i turned the ignition to off and turned the emergency kill switch to off and turned it back on the lights came back on ..I took the seat off to check the fuses they are fine..so are the ones under the left clip on..i try to start it again and the same thing happened this time my seat was off and i heard what sounded like a short spark.and then clicking...I found the noise it was coming from the relay assembly and everytime i try to start it that is where the short sounds like it is coming from and then starts the clicking...so someone that is smarter than me...Is it the relay assembly causing this problem? any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks!

·
Love to RIDE!
238 Posts
Take the battery to have it tested at an auto parts dealer.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea i went and had the battery checked they said it was fine..i think it is the starter relay everytime i tried to start it , it made a pop and like short kind of sound so im guessing it is shorted out?im not sure thanks for the help tho bros

·
Registered
25 Posts
definitely sounds like a dead battery, i'd say just for the hell of it get some jumper cables hook em up to the bike and a car and se if the bike starts. I had my seat off the other day and started the bike the relay is pretty loud.

·
SHIFT!!
100 Posts
Sounds like a dead battery to me too, I try push starting it first. I heard that relay click on every R6/R1 that had a dead battery. Maybe the ppl that check it didn't know what they were doing.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i was able to push start it but now i think the battery is to dead..i guess i will have to try and jump start it or something i have the starter relay on order just in case...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts