Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I eat 6's n drink Liters
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for being dramatic but I'm kind of a noob when it comes to motorcycles. My patient hit my motorcycle in the parking lot and knocked it over. When I went over to pick it up, there was a pool of dark liquid underneath, smells like gasoline. When looking at the bottom panel, there are two rubber hoses which appear to be dripping liquid, I was hoping someone can tell me what that liquid is and what the heck I should do at this point....don't really wanna drive it at this point. Obviously got his insurance info, might have to get it towed to dealership. Thanks in advance and sorry for the stupid questions.

By the way, in the second picture, I have moved my bike a bit forward.

Attachments

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
Coolant or fuel. You'll be fine.

·
Living life the Right way
23 Posts
Both of those rubber hoses attach to the fuel tank. They attach at the bottom of the tank and a metal pipe runs through the middle of the tank up to the top of the tank at the filler cap. They are there to allow for expansion of the gasoline when the tank is full. Any gas that may spill out instead of overflowing all over your tank it runs down that pipe and into the tube and onto the ground. Im willing to bet that its just gasoline and you should be fine.

·
nom nom nom nom nom nom
1,251 Posts
Did you try and light it on fire? That will tell you if it is gas.

I recommend moving your bike first.

·
Reads the rulez
2,255 Posts
Did you try and light it on fire? That will tell you if it is gas.

I recommend moving your bike first.
This. Totally. Moving your bike is completely optional.

Take pics.

·
I eat 6's n drink Liters
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay thanks for the responses, even the humorous ones lol. I moved my bike to a different location and went to check on it 20 minutes later, there is no new pool underneath. The old one is still there. I reek of gasoline but I was just worried in case anything else spilled too. I'm going to wipe everything down and start it, hopefully no issues. Good thing I have frame sliders but still a hassle to deal with insurance now and replace the panels with scratches.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts