Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am rebuilding 2000 R6 and I was installing the choke cable lever which was in the closed position. When I put the module together and slide the lever for the first time it just stayed in that position.

When i disassembled the module and toke the cable out of the lever it was pulled out and stuck there. I'm assuming the choke is stuck open. What is the best thing to do from here?

Oh yeah....I started up the bike and it seemed as though it was running high idle......I blipped the throttle and it stuck in at the top of the blip......please help. thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK UPDATE

I went back out and fired it up and I realized the throttle was sticking at he top of the blip because today i installed new grips and on the throttle side I got hair spray on the rim of the new grip and it was sticking against the side of the starter module. Cleaned that up.....now no problem....throttle opens and closes fine.

Just the garage stinks of heavy fuel.....guessin running rich...cause the throttle is still stuck open.

I live in Atlanta and it is hot as hell already....can I just take the cable off and buy a new one in the fall when i need it?

Also can someone please tell me step by step how to get to the choke cable end and dismantle from carbs. I would greatly appreciate any and all help. Thanks

·
Registered
96 Posts
ok i did a carb cleaning last week so here's a text version

1. Remove tank...make sure to turn fuel cock to off...
2. remove air box
--->if u dont know how to do the first two steps let me know
3. You should be able to see the carbs, if you're following the choke cable it will lead to to the top of the 3rd carb, it should be the only cable in front of the carbs, closest to the front of the bike. Remove the screw holding the cable in place.

the choke cable is basically a wire stuck into this cylinder hammer head thing, you just have to maneuver the cable and free the cylinder head. then the choke cable is off.

Only thing is i'm not too sure if leaving the choke off is a good idea, but if u want to try go ahead.. if ur bike wont start i suggest trying to fix it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts