Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I was riding today on the highway going about 70mph on 5th gear and all of a sudden i feel that the motorcycle isnt responding when I give it gas. I gave it a full throttle and the mph will not increase so i decided to let go of the clutch and it made a very load grinding noise then shuts off. i pulled over on the shoulder and it wouldnt start. A code came up a code "11" Idk what the problem is. I recently replaced my stator and a whole bunch of oil came out so then i refilled it with 2qts. I dont know If i overfilled or put enough but I feel like thats the reason. But if that has nothing to do with it then please give me an idea what the problem is. That grinding sound sounded very bad and I pray to god that it didnt mess it up a whole lot. Please help me out guys. Thanks

·
Me and my Yellow R6
545 Posts
just to be safe.. did you check your oil level afterwards ? to make sure infact you still had oil inside ? did you lose any oil ? hope your oil pain nut did not fall out and you lost all your oil and was ridding your bike without oil ? I dont know.. just throwing some ideas..

loud grinding noise.... sounds like something bad happen.. my brother.. hope you find out whats wrong...

·
Track junkie wanna be
124 Posts
Google the fault code 11 R6. It would be a good start.

11 - No normal signals are received from the cylinder identification sensor when the engine is started or while the vehicle is being driven.

There are a few threads out there from other riders who have had this happen.

·
Reads the rulez
2,255 Posts
You added 2 qts after a stator job??? Oil will fall out but usually a 1/2 qt at most.
You know, there's almost always a direct correlation between someone's inability to spell at a 4th grade level, and their over all intelligence level. And this is another one of those cases...

I'm astounded that someone replaced the stator cover and didn't have the know-how on how to check his oil level...or the fact that he didn't period and blindly added a random amount of oil back in.

·
Registered
484 Posts
You know, there's almost always a direct correlation between someone's inability to spell at a 4th grade level, and their over all intelligence level. And this is another one of those cases...

I'm astounded that someone replaced the stator cover and didn't have the know how on how to check his oil level...or the fact that he didn't period and blindly added a random amount of oil back in.
He probably came from the Facebook "R6-Forum" because no one on there knew what to do either.

·
Reads the rulez
2,255 Posts
I mean shit, if all else fails, you measure how much came out - then you add the same amount back in.

That is, of course, assuming they had the foresight to put a oil catch pan down before they begun said work on bike...but that's probably asking for too much. :bowroll

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry that in a noob. I have no mechanical experience. I just look up how to videos on YouTube. But I didn't expect any oil to come out when I removed the stator. And I couldn't find the dip stick until yesterday. Lol

·
pin it to win it
8,080 Posts
:popcorn

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I also notice when I try to start the bike I makes this weird semi grinding sound as it's turning over. Is that a sign of low/no oil?

·
Reads the rulez
2,255 Posts
I also notice when I try to start the bike I makes this weird semi grinding sound as it's turning over. Is that a sign of low/no oil?
You should just hold the throttle all the way back to the stop, you know, to try and clear out whatever might be causing that grinding sound. Surely it can only get better with more RPM's.

·
Rubber side down
512 Posts
A grinding sound is an indication that something mechanical is broken. No amount of oil is gonna clear up your problem. Time to let someone look at it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
If the noise is coming from the stator side, I would bet you didn't install it correctly. And now there are pieces rattling around in there.

For future reference… you should pay someone to work on your bike from now on.

·
pin it to win it
8,080 Posts
Your battery sounds weak

·
Needs to Learn
158 Posts
Step 1, did you even check the oil now?

Step 2, If you have made it this far, then take the part out you put in the bike.

Step 3, Make sure there is nothing wrong with said part.

Step 4, drain your oil and check for metal shavings.

Step 5, Put said part back on the correct way and change you battery

Step 6, put the right TYPE of oil into the bike and new filter.

Step 7, if it still wont start ..... then you're fuxked. Take it somewhere

·
12,482 Posts

I'm astounded that someone replaced the stator cover and didn't have the know-how on how to check his oil level...or the fact that he didn't period and blindly added a random amount of oil back in.
Hey prick... why don't you stick to the Off Topic section if you're not gonna be useful... ok? Ok. The OP's grammar makes me believe s/he wasn't born here in the US. Ever think of that genius? I'm down for making fun of people that deserve it, but to be a condescending asshat to someone that is trying to learn is another.

OP, if you're hearing grinding, it's time to take it to a repair shop or someone who knows more about fixing bikes. Good luck.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey prick... why don't you stick to the Off Topic section if you're not gonna be useful... ok? Ok. The OP's grammar makes me believe s/he wasn't born here in the US. Ever think of that genius? I'm down for making fun of people that deserve it, but to be a condescending asshat to someone that is trying to learn is another.

OP, if you're hearing grinding, it's time to take it to a repair shop or someone who knows more about fixing bikes. Good luck.
I appreciate that. I'm having a mechanic to come look at it today. Thanks!

·
12,482 Posts
Let us know what is wrong once they figure it out.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts