Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a couple of weeks ago I tried to start my bike while in the garage, it would not start at all. after trying for quite some time I figured out that my spark plugs were fouled out. so I go online I order some new spark plugs, so today I said you know what let me take out the old spark plugs while I wait for the new ones and let the gas dissipate.

So as I'm taking out the last spark plug which was the one on the right side, the second to last on the right side (mind you I am using a swivel extension for my spark plug socket) As I am pulling the extension out it falls apart, now I am Not sure if all the parts that were on the swivel came out, but I fear that a small tiny washer might have fallen into the cylinder.
how sure am I that the part fell in? not very sure, do you think I could access the cylinder from the exhaust port with a small magnet? My irrational side said you know what dude it'll just come out thru the exhaust port when it starts up, but I don't wanna listen to those voices :D

any help is appreciated,

Thank you very much

·
Ow ,NuckenFuts
1,075 Posts
a couple of weeks ago I tried to start my bike while in the garage, it would not start at all. after trying for quite some time I figured out that my spark plugs were fouled out. so I go online I order some new spark plugs, so today I said you know what let me take out the old spark plugs while I wait for the new ones and let the gas dissipate.

So as I'm taking out the last spark plug which was the one on the right side, the second to last on the right side (mind you I am using a swivel extension for my spark plug socket) As I am pulling the extension out it falls apart, now I am Not sure if all the parts that were on the swivel came out, but I fear that a small tiny washer might have fallen into the cylinder.
how sure am I that the part fell in? not very sure, do you think I could access the cylinder from the exhaust port with a small magnet? My irrational side said you know what dude it'll just come out thru the exhaust port when it starts up, but I don't wanna listen to those voices :D

any help is appreciated,

Thank you very much
If you really think something is in their you can try a small magnet threw the spark plug hole.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
I think you can use one of those fiber optic bore inspection tools to look down the hole......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts